svst

can sony vegas import 1080/60p?

I have been looking at different video cams and one I am thinking about buying is the new Panasonic tm700 , it is a 3 cmos cam that shoots 1080/60p but I read that Sony Vegas wont recognize it.
It only reads 1080/60i?

here is what i read...

"The Panasonic HDC-TM700 ships with HD Writer AE version 2.1 software. The software is essentially the same as its previous incarnations, but this new version does allow for importing 1080/60p footage. Having this feature is an absolute necessity as no other commercially available programs seem to be able to handle the 1080/60p footage shot with the HDC-TM700. If you want to get that 1080/60p footage onto your Mac, however, you're out of luck—HD Writer AE is only compatible with PCs."

For editing at home that would be fine but if i worked where sony vegas is in use, will i be wasting my money on this camera or is there an upgrade available for vegas?

DSE or any one who knows can you help with this question? Thanks
Fall down....dont go boom!

These are two very different questions.
A-Can Vegas import 1080p60? Absolutely. We do this frequently. Vegas doesn't give a hoot about framerate, editing Phantom footage is cake. Same with SR.

B-Can Vegas import Panasonic's flavor of 1080p60?
Not at this time. Panasonic chooses to package their 1080p60 in a proprietary header file that references the codec. It won't take long for this to be adapted, however. It only took 3 years before everyone could edit DVCPro HD (another proprietary format from Panasonic).

Then again...I wouldn't begin to consider this camcorder for skydiving. OIS on a gimbal.