Acoisa

GoPro attached on rig

Hi,

I've seen a few people attach their GoPro to the shoulder harness of their rigs with thick rubber bands.

Has anyone else seen this who can tell me how to properly attach the gopro so it won't fall off? (maybe there's even some video footage)

Hi,

I've seen a few people attach their GoPro to the shoulder harness of their rigs with thick rubber bands.

Has anyone else seen this who can tell me how to properly attach the gopro so it won't fall off? (maybe there's even some video footage)

Be cateful mounting it anywhere near the shoulder because you could block correct operation of your 3-ring release system, RSL, or other important hardware. Maybe you're thinking of the mudflap panel, which would usually be a bit safer, but that's more on the upper chest area

I agree that anywhere in the shoulder area is a bad idea because of risers, 3 rings, RSL, etc. Even on the mudflap seems like a shitty idea anyway because of the angle. What are you trying to film that you can't just put it on your helmet?

The helmet is a good spot for a bumch of reasons. It's sort of safe (for the camera) because you'll tend to take pretty good care not hit your head (or camera) on anything. It also helps because it allows you to aim the camera just by looking.

The big one, especially in this case, is the opening. Your neck takes up most of the opening shock so your head (and camera) is fairly insulated from any abuse. The harness, on the other hand, takes 100% of the opening shock, which can't be good for the camera, and could only make it more likely to fall off.

If you do harness-mount your go-pro, post the footage so we can see what you get.