highlee369

Cookie cage

I couldn't find any reviews in the forums on the cx100 cage by Cookie, and i was wondering if anyone that has one can give there opinion on it.
More specifically, has anyone side-mounted it directly to the helmet and had any problems connecting the hypeye from the inside of the helmet?
Any opinions or reviews would be appreciated.
I'm trying to decide on whether to just get a simple L bracket or the cage. Trying to avoid the cx boxes.

I've got a Cookie cage myself and I like it. Right now it's just mounted on top of my FTP... nothing special but it works like a charm and I'm sure it's kept my camera from taking all kinds of dings and dents.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

I have been using one this season and it works great. I only had one issue with it. The inside face is not flat and I have a 2k fuzion with zkulls connectors. The cage come set for a flat lock from Cookie. It didn't take much to machine an adapter and drill new holes.

Throwing in my 2 cents about it...

I saw it when I was in Czech republic 2 weeks ago. It is snug fit and good looking. it will also protect against wall bumps and still lets you easy access buttons and screen. it also may suffer a severe bump to.

The flaws I saw compared to their blackbox is weather protection in freefall and bumps towards pointed objects(like corners and edges). It you hit anything other then a flat surface you might damage your camera. But with a proper positioning and careful movement of the helmet on ground/in air, that might not be an issue.

i've got the blackbox since it protects the camera against the elements and for all strikes(as long as it's not to hard) against it. But it's slightly more bulky then the cage.

Edit: due to spelling
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no