AdamSonOfJohn

Worried about Bonehead's CX150 Top Mount Box

I don't have it, but wanted to know if you do. I just ordered a CX150 and Opteka HD Ultra Fisheye Lens for it. I'm looking at the picture of the box below and I'm worried it's not giving enough room for my Opteka lens.

What say you?

http://www.boneheadcomposites.com/m8_view_item.html?m8:item=600

Adam, have you talked to the S&TA's at your DZ's before placing the order for the gear yet? You are only at about 1/4-1/3 of the experience recommended for camera gear and by the time you get to the 200 jumps there will be all new cameras out that are lighter and better with different boxes. I would be surprized if the S&TA's will let you jump the camera for a while.

The Box fits from what I have seen but most people are skipping the boxes and just mounting them out on their helmets with out boxes anymore.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Hi Adam!

To tell you the truth lenses are kind of a crap shoot. I would personally recommend a Royal lens, but it looks like the Opteka HD Fisheye lens will work, though you may need to cut down the lens support a bit.

If you order direct from us you can always return it before you cut it.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

Blue Skies,
BH
Bonehead Composites
(951) 943-1166
www.boneheadcomposites.com
www.facebook.com/boneheadcomposites

I appreciate your concern -- I have it as well. One of the DZs I haven't talked to yet. The other one who knew my reputation well didn't have a problem with it when I wore my Canon HV-30 (which apparently doesn't work for skydiving) for the maiden flight of my new rig. The risk then was negligible as the camera is top-mounted, the jump was solo and I pulled high at 5,300 for safety and test flying.

I chose to not use the camera for the subsequent jumps given their nature - a 4-way, a hybrid, and a 2-way.

From what I've read the presence of a camera isn't unlike using a cell phone in a car. Fortunately, I'm often accurately accused (if I'm caught) of not paying attention to the other caller while I'm driving and there are plenty of occasions when I'm on the phone where I end the call due to conditions. And there are plenty of times where I refuse to use a cell phone at all.

When I use it will depend completely on my comfort with the jump, the jumpers involved, and the jumpers' comfort with me and/or my camera. If anyone says no - no questions asked.

One of the DZs I haven't talked to yet. The other one who knew my reputation well didn't have a problem with it when I wore my Canon HV-30 (which apparently doesn't work for skydiving) for the maiden flight of my new rig.

What the hell reputation do you have at 64 +/- jumps? Did you stand up your last 5 landings? Turn 4 points on a 4-way, maybe?

Who the hell taught you to skydive?????????????

You can't teach wisdom nor outlaw stupidity.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX