skyllama29

cx 100 help

I can't help you. I just bought my CX100 a couple months ago, but you might want to specify that the videos are of your golden retriever in your back yard or this thread will go on for weeks about whether or not you have enough experience to jump with a camera.

:)

"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Funny your knocking me down for a camera... you obviously haven't seen my profile. Really though anyone know the way to get them on a pc?

No, no, no. I'm not knocking you down at all. I just know how vicious some folks can be on this forum.

I just got my own CX100 and haven't done anything with it yet so I will be waiting to see what advice you get.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Bob was just being funny. For the past 10 years, countless posts in this forum have gone something like this:

- anybody have any tips or advice on how to do with their camera/video setup?

Then the thread becomes a 100 replies more along these lines: you don't have enough jumps to jump camera, you are going to die, you need more experience.

It's good to see people looking out for people on here, but it is kinda funny to watch how many threads start with simple questions and end up being debates about how many jumps you need before you strap a camera to your head.

That's exactly why I started my profile. I used to post in a swooping forum. I'm familiar with the drill. I appreciate your help guys. Still, if anyone has the answer to the pc thing let me know. I heard that there is something you can download somewhere.

A-plug a USB cable from your camera to your computer
B-When Windows asks you what you want to do with it, download it to the HDD
C-load it into your editor.
D-Done

Conversely, pull the card from the camera, put it in a card reader, and pick up at point "b"

It came with a cable that hooked up to my usb. Not sure what kind it is as I am not all that savvy with computers. It would not transfer any of the video I recorded. When I did it on my friends Mac with the same cable, it worked immediately! I need to get it onto a pc

it's merely a storage device. Exactly the same as a thumbdrive.
Getting it onto a PC is the same as putting in a thumbdrive and dragging the file over. On a Mac, it's log/transfer, and isn't done via file system/storage.

If your'e on windows 7, then the system will already play the files. If you're on any other version of windows, you'll need a player like VLC.

If you're not computer savvy, then you might consider finding someone who is.
Honest, this is an EXTREMELY basic task.

Also when you attach the cx-100 it gives you multiple choices to pull from the camera,

Choose either the internal or memory card depending on what your recording your video to.

After that it should just be a plug and play, flip open the slot behind the ~display screen~ to reveal the USB and HDMI slots, they are indentified.
Then hook the cable to the corresponding port on your pc and it should pull up the menu for downloading.

~ edit
I Am Sofa King We Todd Did!!