callahan

Tracking pants vs rw suit with booties

I picked up a pair of Birdnam BASE Pantz and think they are the heat. As far as the tracking goes I felt like I had a RW suit on when I went to track. Lots of drive and fast response compared to a regular FF suit. I'm happy with the ones I have, besides that look DAMN sexy on me too;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I'm seriously thinking about picking up a pair of BirdMan Pantz (Freefly style) for not only tracking, but more importantly to help slow me down while headdown. Any comments by those who have used the Pantz for this purpose?

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Dude, the Pantz totally rock for FF. I don't know if it's because I have the BASE version or not but I was able to hold a HD on my own with them on and I've NEVER been able to do that and it's not because I've gotten better because I don't FF. So yes, I think they will slow your lead ass down and they give you wicked power, as I was carving all over the sky with Trevor.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Just let me say that they run a little small. I am wearing a Medium because the waist on the small was like that pair of jeans you can fit into but if you drink a beer or eat your gut would be hurting. The length was perfect but the waist was an issue, so I upsized to a medium and deal with the extra length like most FF's do. Keep that in mind when ordering if you can't try a pair on first.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

So, do you think they'd be good for a beginning FF? It sounds like yes... I'm starting (just) to FF and wanted to get some FF Pants and these seem like they might be a good way to go.
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

very interested in these pants. As a lightweight person are these going to slow me down too much when I begin to freefly in 100 or so jumps? Someone at my dropzone said they were harder to hold certain HD positions like daffy, etc. What do you think about that? I am mainly interested in your opinions on lightweight freeflyers using these, I dont want to be left behind! :)

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

I am mainly interested in your opinions on lightweight freeflyers using these, I dont want to be left behind

i suggest a strict diet of junk food and beer, that should take care of the problem....

it's not that i fall too fast, everyone else just falls too slow!

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

very interested in these pants. As a lightweight person are these going to slow me down too much when I begin to freefly in 100 or so jumps? Someone at my dropzone said they were harder to hold certain HD positions like daffy, etc. What do you think about that? I am mainly interested in your opinions on lightweight freeflyers using these, I dont want to be left behind! :)

I'm a really slow faller, my Pantz make me go even slower = not good if you're doing freefly with others. Therefore I use 'm to practice HD on my own, and to freefly with others only if they happen to wear Pantz at the time too.

As far as learning to freefly with these, not sure about that. Head-up flying is more difficult because you've so much drag where you really don't want it. For HD they may be training wheels, not sure if that's good or not. Anyway they don't always inflate symmetrically so transitions are a bit more tricky.

That said, you *can* freefly in them, and for tracking dives and stuff they ROCK!

ciel bleu,
Saskia

[QUOTE]As far as learning to freefly with these, not sure about that. Head-up flying is more difficult because you've so much drag where you really don't want it. For HD they may be training wheels, not sure if that's good or not. Anyway they don't always inflate symmetrically so transitions are a bit more tricky.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding, yeah, I was thinking about them for when I mastered sit/stand and moved onto HD. Maybe youre right, training wheels might just lengthen/prolong my progression. We'll see, I want these pants for other reasons, I'm sure if I'm freeflying by the time I get them I'll use them for that once or twice at least. Thanks! :)

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...