Zlew

cx110-cx150 focus settings

Hey folks!
I am getting back in the game, and am looking to upgrade my camera gear. I am looking at the cx150, and went to check them out today at Best Buy. I didn't notice a way to set it for manual focus (or infinity focus). Is there a way to do this on these cameras, or will the auto focus always be on? I used to hate auto focus because of the seeking the auto focus would always do between the horizon/ground and whatever you were shooting in freefall. The blurring in and out of focus drives me crazy. I used to always use manual focus, and tape my focus ring back to "infinity". What is the current procedure?

Don't buy from BestBuy if you want the best price....get it from amazon late at night when the price fluctuates and drops to around $470 :) save the extra $80 and get an amazing HD lens ;)

For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

That is the plan. My gym is in the same parking lot as Best Buy, and I couldn't resist at least going in to take a look and get my hands on the cameras.

I may need to research wide angles now. I have a .6x sony wide angle from my PC5 that worked great...but not sure how it will do on this camera.

Bought the camera, Hypeye, and centry .55x. I am testing with it now and getting mixed results. I used to use manual focus, and set it to the mtn/infinity setting. With this combo of camera/lens that doesn't seem to work at all (bad blurr). The .1M setting seems to be the most sharp, but leaves a lot to be desired. Whaver setting it uses on auto focus seems good (huge depth of field) but I don't think I can bring myself to shoot in auto focus. I HATE skydive footage where the camera seeks from freefall to the ground and back.

Any tips?