bigway

New GoPro Wrist and ankle mounts

So, I made some gloves for these cameras and once I realised i had to find a way to eliminate hsake, the next week Cookie showed me these awesome mounts that they decided to make. Because theirs were so awesome, I gave up on the gloves.
However, while waiting on Cookies mounts to be ready we have purchased stock of similar mounts from another manufacturer.
Thought you guys would like to see these mounts made from carbon fibre, no need for a big bulky glove or similar, these work awesome!! Hence why we gave up on making gloves out of soft material when you can make them from carbon fibre.

All you need to do is add a tripod mount ideally for the gopro or just a sticky mount.

Thought you guys would appreciate the pics as these work really well.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

So, I made some gloves for these cameras and once I realised i had to find a way to eliminate hsake, the next week Cookie showed me these awesome mounts that they decided to make. Because theirs were so awesome, I gave up on the gloves.
However, while waiting on Cookies mounts to be ready we have purchased stock of similar mounts from another manufacturer.
Thought you guys would like to see these mounts made from carbon fibre, no need for a big bulky glove or similar, these work awesome!! Hence why we gave up on making gloves out of soft material when you can make them from carbon fibre.

All you need to do is add a tripod mount ideally for the gopro or just a sticky mount.

Thought you guys would appreciate the pics as these work really well.

I took the glove idea a few steps further and made it smaller than what you're offering (install a HD Hero to your plate and it'll stand up pretty tall) with no shake present, and provided instant access to the power charging plug & card slot. Your wrist setup looks like the bulky choice to me, with limited access to plugs and cards.

Here's an example of just how bulky your wrist plate will be once you've attached a GoPro HD camera. In this photo you'll see my DoubleStuff HD Hero glove with two cameras (one for video & one for stills) taking up the same vertical space as one HD Hero in the stock plastic case.

Chris

Awesome, looks good. Is there any shake at all?

The only reason we are offering anything like what I have shown is because dealing with manufacturers to make these wrist straps and gloves out of neoprene is a bitch to get it right at affordable costs in high volume.

I went through seven different glove manufacturers with many different styles but nothing ever was consistent enough to be able to offer them to the public.
However, with the carbon fibre mounts, it was consistent everytime and no shake, so the perfect mount for a everyday skydiver/base jumper.

Your mount looks awesome, a one of a kind, but thats just it, it probably is a one of a kind and not something you have the time to set up and perfect for general retail. You go through so much shit trying to bring a glove that works in every glove produced to the mass market place. Hence this awesome solution.

95% of skydivers are not going to sit there and build there own, even with the instructions in front of them, they just want to 'buy it now' and 'get it delivered now to use tomorrow', hence this awesome mount we are showing you guys.

I agree yours is probably better and takes up less room etc, but i dont think it is something you can offer to the general public. It would be an entire business of its own dealing with manufacturers and trial and error. I have made my own gloves for years with manufacturers, some of the same model last years, others rip as you pull them on, some stictching comes undone etc. The carbon fibre mount i believe is the most practical way and easy solution for a skydiver to 'easily' purchase a mount for handicam.
This post was not for the 'enthusiast', more for the guy who just wants to buy something that you can mount the gopro too and trust and know there is no shake.

However, saying all that, my opinion and what i have learnt from 6 months of trying to build the right glove in mass amounts, i may be wrong and if you can offer me 100 pairs of those gloves in the next two weeks and they are all the same with guarantees, then, i will purchase them instantly to go along with my contract of purchasing 50 gopros a week. Im not kidding, i need a good solid mount, I love the looks of yours, i just dont see how it is practical to offer to the public. Sure making a few here and there with good quality assurance would be awesome, but people like cookie for example are taking orders for their new mounts by the hundreds. I truley believe Jason Cooke and Co have come up with the perfect solution again. The one i have posted here is maybe what some would call a 'copy', but i have posted it because this is the only version i can actually stock at the moment as my cookie order is being filled.

Hopefully you take this post as me saying awesome glove you have made but also as me explaining why i am so stoked with this mount.

We are sending some to DSE this week for him to review.

Seriously-If you can produce these by the tens of thousands on a yearly basis, then you should, these would sell like hotcakes to every extreme sport industry and sport there is. I dont sell 50 gopros a week to JUST skydivers (have sub-dealers), every walk of sport are wanting these that importers around the world sell out within days of receiving orders by the thousands. I am a small skydiving gear store and i get 50 a week at the door (when they can be supplied) and they are gone next day.... the one thing im constantly out of stock with.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Awesome, looks good. Is there any shake at all?

There's always a little shake of a hand in freefall, but it's the hand & not the glove/cam in this case. See what you think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJfAEJwZ-E

The only reason we are offering anything like what I have shown is because dealing with manufacturers to make these wrist straps and gloves out of neoprene is a bitch to get it right at affordable costs in high volume.

I just can't see it as being feasible for skydiving purposes to mount a camera on the wrist with a major snag point, so using soft gloves & eliminating the plastic housing seemed like a necessity for air sports to me.

I went through seven different glove manufacturers with many different styles but nothing ever was consistent enough to be able to offer them to the public.
However, with the carbon fibre mounts, it was consistent everytime and no shake, so the perfect mount for a everyday skydiver/base jumper.

Do you have a sample tandem video shot using one of these CF hand mounts? It'd be nice to compare footage, but so far I haven't found any samples online.

Your mount looks awesome, a one of a kind, but thats just it, it probably is a one of a kind and not something you have the time to set up and perfect for general retail. You go through so much shit trying to bring a glove that works in every glove produced to the mass market place. Hence this awesome solution.

So far I've been making a few at a time.... there are about 30 single-cam gloves in use so far. If I had an order for 100 I could fill that in 3-4 weeks. Really the designs I'm using for single or double cameras are specifically focused to fit the needs of the skydiving market, and the original reason was for use as a tandem handcam. I consider that to be a narrow market that can be filled on a per-order basis right now.

I can see what you mean about the ability to receive many identical items fast with those CF mounts. They're pretty simple with few parts, and that can be a bonus in some cases.

Chris

Thanks for replying the way you did as some may have taken it as a argument or debate.
My email is [email protected]. I would like to discuss the possibility of making your gloves on a larger scale, without having a non skydiver make them.
3-4 weeks for 100 of these definetly seems exciting.
I just know their is a big market for this product in action sports. Sure people can do a homemade job for themselves and friends, but there are so many sports out there who also want that reliable well built item as well.
Maybe you could also send DSE one of these for review as his opinion to me on this entire matter is one of value.
I will have him post video footage of this once he is done with his review of mine as I think it would be the best way to really compare each thing.

Yea, I hear you on the snag points, sometimes it is just a added risk, but if it doesn't need to be there, then even better.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store