DSE

Sony Releases Vegas Movie Studio 10

The Platinum HD pack is probably the best option of the three levels available, as it comes with a lot of tools and extras.
Not only are a lot of skydivers using Vegas, but their newest version includes a training DVD that is entirely *about* Skydiving.
Skydive Elsinore saw a tremendous potential in their name being in every Sony Vegas Movie Studio box, so they provided content for the in-box training DVD.
Everytime someone sits down to learn to edit in Vegas, they'll be learning while looking at skydiving content.
Hopefully that will entice more people to want to skydive.

Thanks for the info Spot! I did not know that about Elsinore. BTW, I am back jumping 100%. I am doing video for the Poker Run this weekend and both Amit and Emily are on my team!!
Be sure you give me a heads up your next trip out here so I can take the WS FJC from you!!
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

The Elsinore thing is pretty cool, IMO. USPA elected to not have USPA-branded/advertising in the Sony boxes, but you know how the folks at S'nore are about marketing... pretty visionary. Imagine having your DZ's name and video in front of half a million people.... As a side note, 100% of the training in the Vegas box was shot, edited, produced at Elsinore but you'd never know it from the small set we created.
That new video room is pretty damn cool. One of the nicest suites I've been in that isn't a broadcast house.

Photos? Anyone from 'Snore wanna share and brag?!?!

I have photos, but they're for an upcoming magazine article. Skydive Elsinore is being featured in both DVMagazine and EVENTDV magazine because of their ridiculously fast output of videos and handing them off to customers on a DVD. Ric, Angie, Lob have done an incredible job.
BTW, Jumptown is also being featured in those magazine articles, but their editing space isn't nearly as sexy as the one at S'nore.
S'nore painted the room with broadcast grey for color balance and to reduce stress on the editor's eyes, they put in properly tinted lighting, nice desks, and OMG FASST! editing machines with regular DVD and Blu-ray DVD burners. Plus they're delivering video to YouTube and other sources as additional revenue streams.
And...they have a couple other sweet tricks up their sleeve for the near future.B|

Photos? Anyone from 'Snore wanna share and brag?!?!

I have photos, but they're for an upcoming magazine article. Skydive Elsinore is being featured in both DVMagazine and EVENTDV magazine because of their ridiculously fast output of videos and handing them off to customers on a DVD. Ric, Angie, Lob have done an incredible job.
BTW, Jumptown is also being featured in those magazine articles, but their editing space isn't nearly as sexy as the one at S'nore.
S'nore painted the room with broadcast grey for color balance and to reduce stress on the editor's eyes, they put in properly tinted lighting, nice desks, and OMG FASST! editing machines with regular DVD and Blu-ray DVD burners. Plus they're delivering video to YouTube and other sources as additional revenue streams.
And...they have a couple other sweet tricks up their sleeve for the near future.B|

so whats the time from the editor getting the footage to it being given to the customer on dvd?

so whats the time from the editor getting the footage to it being given to the customer on dvd?

Right now, 4-7 mins. Depends on the person editing and their load. Can go a tad faster, but then it becomes a risk of rushing.
The DVD has a custom menu with their name and a bumper/teaser piece that says more about the DZ on it.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about their upgrade process. I know that if you bought X within 45 days of the release of XX, they give customers a free upgrade. That's the extent of my upgrade knowledge.

Plamer, MovieStudio products don't work with any of the scripting or macro plugins for Vegas. That's a pro-only feature.