atmosphair

SONY CX LINEAR DUBBING ADVICE

WE ARE A DROP ZONE THAT IS SLOWLY LOOKING TO START CONVERTING TO HD CAMERAS. WE STILL USE LINEAR EDITING EQUIPMENT AND PROBABLY WILL FOR THE REST OF THIS SEASON.
SOME OF OUR CAMERAS ARE ON THEIR WAY OUT AND WE ARE LOOKING AT THE CX 100 .... OR WHATEVER THE LATEST AND GREATEST MIGHT BE.
WE ARE NOTICING THAT THE SLOW MOTION PLAYBACK ON THE CX100 IS VERY JUMPY. AREN'T TOO THRILLED WITH PUTTING THAT ON OUR VIDEOS. ANY SUGGESTIONS? ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW OF A GOOD PLAYBACK CAMERA / PLAYER THAT WOULD MAKE A SMOOTH SLOW MOTION? WHEN WE USE THE CX100 TO EDIT, THE SLOW MOTION LOOKS LIKE A SPECIAL EFFECT AND WE DONT' THINK IT LOOKS NICE ENOUGH TO USE FREELY AS WE USED TO USE THE SLOW MITON FROM OUR PC350 CAMERAS.
ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

We used to linear edit on Panasonic WJ-AVE5 boards and DMR-E85H DVR burners. I personally liked that better than NLE, but the DZ traded over in the four years I was down in FL. Either way, no matter if you are jumping an HD or SD camera, we still all shoot in SD (HQ). No real sense in shooting in HD unless you are burning to BlueRay.as far as tandem video goes.

Chuck

Well, in retrospect, nothing I guess. I just played with the slo-mo playback on my CX-7 and is does look jumpy. Four of us just concluded that the slo-mo is less than 50% of "full" speed. On tape-based cameras I we are pretty sure the slo-mo playback was exactly 50%, thus, "less jumpy". Still, I wouldn't have a problem adding a bit of my CX slo-mo to a tandem video (if I were interested in doing those these days). We have two complete linear editing stations in Team Teamrrom at Raeford which we inherited from the dropzone school when they went NLE.

Chuck