Scooter1812

Cam eye to Hyp eye

I got a used bonehead for my wife. It came with a Cam Eye pro for a PC330 camcorder installed already. She just bought a CX-100 and I'm wondering if I can just cut off the old plug (1/8") and change to the CX-100 "D" style. It would save me from having to buy a Hyp Eye Pro. Anyone have any experience with this?

It does not work that way. The commands that are being sent to the camera are located in the controller unit. You need a Hypeye to be able to send the commands to the newer camera styles.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Pretty much yes. The adpter is a "half moon" on one end and a stero jack on the other end. I also make a version with a 4pin video jack (debrief port) so the adapter doesn't have to be unplugged all the time for dubbing/viewing videos.
This adpter is well tested too, works 100%.

+1

I would buy one too if the price is within my budget. I have a hypeye and cameye for my cx100 and my HC5 respectively, but the adapter would let me keep my cameye even if I upgrade my HC5!
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

Hi everybody,
I just need to make a clarification about this CamEye to "half moon" converter.
The device DOES NOT function properly with old CamEyes, not with all of them for sure.
So make sure you have CamEye-II (they came out around 2001-2002-ish) or HypeEye (the one with the light only)!
-Laszlo-

http://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/cameye-ii-d-plug-converter

I personally use a non-90 degree one (i.e. is straight) because it was a hell of a lot cheaper than the price of the one in the link.

If you consider a straight one, then I think it is the Manfrotto 522AV cable that you want.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

yeah, in fact I have the cable you refer to (if anyone wants one I can post) but with my helmet there is not enough room for a straight cable its needs a bend (and will still be a tight fit I may need to cut away some area for it to fit) otherwise it will stick into the helmet and my head will stress on plug/break the cable join.

Thinking of buying one from chutingstar no alternative and it is expensive for postage! but going to bite the bullet just seeing if there was another way.

any alternative let me know thanks guys

Check ebay too. When I was looking a while back found some on there too, which may have been cheaper than the chutingstar price.

What helmet you got? I've got the straight cable in an FF2 helmet. It does stick into the padding, but hte cable then bends back on itself. With the padding I barely notice it.

Another alternative, given the price of the 90 degree cable is to look out for a 2nd hand hypeye. I've recently gone down the twin sony cx route so was looking for another cameye with the adapter, but found a 2nd hand hypeye for the same price (about £40). With shipping and the like for the 90 degree adapter you may luck out looking for a hypeye.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).