sbhesq

Broken pc1000

I know it has been asked before ... but I can't find the answer...My pc1000 is giving me a reinsert cassette error fairly often now and I would like to send it in to be repaired. Does anybody have any suggestions as to where is the best place to send it?

Thanks,

Steve

the $$ you would spend to fix it ($250 min i think is what Sony charges + parts) you can buy a new digital camera and not have to buy tapes, no moving parts, HD etc etc etc
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

I have the same problem with mine, but it's sitting on my shelf collecting dust because I haven't bothered to fix it. I was quoted $400 to fix it, and a new camera is way cheaper.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I google'd the error code for my PC-9 cassette error. Found a lot of message board topics.
One was very helpful - a spindle had fallen out (from a hard knock perhaps and over 100 hours of use). Repair was electrical shrink-tubing on a tiny locking tube. Have used the camera for probably 100 jumps since. Clear instructions were on the web. Maybe your error is same...