Jadera

Opteka 0,3 + cx 105

Hi everyone!

just purchased Opteka 0,3 (HD ultra fisheye) and sidemounted it together with cx 105 on my helmet..made few jumps and have one question:

settings for mentioned lens.. i am struggling with focus adjustments..offcourse, i've put manual focus, but do not know where to go on the manual focus scale ? when pressing the manual focus distance (on the right) in order to have a little mountain icon, the picture is all blury..
so i left the manual focus distance in the middle and made few jumps with such settings...the picture is little bit blury, which can be seen when we are still in the plane..outside, during the jump did not noticed blur.. anyone has same or simillar problem?

forgot to mention... the lens converter setting was set to wide..

thanx

Don't go by the scale. Instead, put yourself and your camera a distance away from something on the ground that is the same distance you typically fly to your subject in freefall. Put the camera in auto focus, and when it focuses on the person/object at that distance, put it in manual focus to lock it in.

I don't know if the CX series has it, but many Sony cameras have a "spot focus" setting. On my HC-5, right before I exit I zoom in on something in the plane that is about 5 feet away, hit spot focus, then zoom out and I'm ready for freefall (I use auto focus for everything except freefall). This zooming in thing may not work on single element lens, but you can do the same thing sans zooming.

It took me some getting used to as well with my cx 100 and new lens. You aren't going to just keep adjusting the focus to infinity. Just set the camera to focus on something about the distance away you normally shoot and you should be okay. You have to look closely at it when you are on the ground to make sure you have it set right.

Chuck Bryan