skyfiend

Please take a look need advise!

Hey,
Heres my issue, im flying with my Nikon d40x
Yes Nikon not the best thing for camera flying but im poor!
the problem is this camera only works on a wireless remote switch.
i have been taping it to my finger and am able to push the button but that is a massive pain in the arse as you could imagine.
here was my thinking as i sat in class one day.....
its a arm band with a retractable key ring glued, duct taped and sewn into it (impossible to get back out)
the chain is made of a light metal and is strong.

What do you think? any problems that i havnt thought of?
thanks
Nick
(pics are of the THING!)

Forget about taping stuff to you. If you insist on jumping this camera, either get the camera modded for a wired switch, or do a search on this forum about how we used to make the switches for a Nikon D70 using a bite/blow/tongue/pro-switch of your choice taped to the wireless remote which you taped to your lens. Such a home-made switch is still wireless so still a bit of pain to use, and I wouldn't recommend this for paid jumps like tandemvideos. For funjumps, if it doesn't matter if you miss a jump every now and then, it's ok. Ish.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

you need your hands ,, for lots of things....from climb-out, to taking grips, to using Handles....

Nikon is perfectly FINE to use... but best to choose a different MODEL... which has a decent quality remote port...
I jump with a D 70s... and THAT port can be a P. I. T . A. ( kinda flimsey and easily loosened...[:/]:(The D200 has a port with a threaded shoulder on it, to accept and HOLD SECURE.. the adapter needed to use a tongue switch..
Your creativity is admirable, but best to use a hard wired set-up...

Is it necessary to point the remote at the camera body??? that seems to me, like a recipe for MISSING a lot of shots...
jmy

I spent alot of time looking at different camera models, lenses, helmets, what not - before I started to fly with a camera.

I hindered myself because I did NOT want to fly with what everyone else was flying with.

After asking alot of questions, it finally sunk in.

There is a REASON why most camera flyers jump Cannon for stills and Sony (CX100) for video.....

Yeah,
switching to canon cost me a bit and its a pain t sell my Nikon now but!
its bin so easy to fly with it just set it up and dont have to worry about anything now!
i would suggest for anyone looking at stills buy a canon (or my Nikon!)
pik of my new set up below