Ragnarok

Tony Suit C-Wing - small question to finally getting one...

After a little over a year of jumping camera, I am finally pulling the trigger and getting TOny Suit's C-Wing Jacket.

Just need a bit more slow down for the bigger formations when they float up on me.

Those fo you jumping a jacket of this style, how do you attach your wings to your leg straps or hip rings

I have rings sewn on to the front of my leg straps and use a metal clip (same as RSL, forget what it's called) on the bottom of the wing to attach the wings to the rig. The advantage is that the attachment point is in the exact same place each time. The disadvantage is it is harder to use if you have to borrow a rig. You can clip it to the length adjuster for the the leg strap on another rig, but it is harder to release and I wouldn't do that a lot as it can prematurely wear the leg strap.

(same as RSL, forget what it's called)

Swedish Shackle...

I myself have the plastic clips (forget what their called) :P Anyway, my wings have the female ends and I have several sets of male ends that I attach to the legstraps of my rigs and several of my friends rigs. ;) For those... "Hey, I'm jumpin' your rig on this load." moments...

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Good. So at least I can re-sew if I have issues without compromising the wing.

Funny - the hip ring on my rig seems to be a great place to hook the RSL quick link to-----

The idea of grommets sewn onto the edge of the leg strap has also come to mind.

Thought about the plastic clip - if it breaks, I can just put in another one. Then safety made me think more toward the RSL quick link.

Thanks All, much appreciated.

How is it that 18 people can fall SLOWER than one??? --- wait, don't andwer that - really. (I was told why after I went low as we got near break off)

This is how I do it.
My jacket came with the plastic snaps. I put on the swedish rsl shackles using some old slinks. I then just had a loop of tape stitched onto my legstraps just under the hip rings. They seem to be holding up well - I have done maybe 1000 jumps like this.
I have seen stainless rings almost wear through the brass shackles.

Hope the attached pic explains!
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

garywainwright - that is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

The idea of the loop on the legstrap just kept biting at me.

As far as the plastic clips, I have had them fail in other uses, so I am biased against them for this type of application -

Still - thank you, Fletch. You are still a signifigant mentor to me in this diciplineB|

As far as the plastic clips, I have had them fail in other uses, so I am biased against them for this type of application -

Still - thank you, Fletch. You are still a signifigant mentor to me in this diciplineB|

They sometimes do fail... In 2000 jumps I have broke 2. But, it's not the end of the world when they fail. The only reason I have them is because they came on the top when I bought it off the rack and swedish shackles are expensive so I haven't felt the need to change them out...

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer