agk23

multiAVCHD

If you're not making DVDs for replication, it's a half-ass decent tool. If you're making discs for replication, you cannot use it, as it does not burn spec-compliant discs.

I wouldn't call Doom9 "very good." I'd say it's got a lot of amateur ideas, a few really good ideas, and a lot of piracy help tools.
It's a great site for gaming tweaks, however.

true, the site is mostly for amateurs, but aren't most of us here?

Can you suggest better sites that amateurs (such as myself) can visit for reference materials?

Can you recommend any other tool that can be used for authoring BD disks (including making menus) that would not cost me very large amounts of money?

Thanks
"Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off"
Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"

creativecow.net
DVInfo.net
Sony's own forums at sonycreativesoftware.com

Like dropzone.com, a lot of the information on Doom9 is inaccurate or half-accurate. There certainly are some gleaming nuggets on video editing if you know what you're looking for. If you're a gamer, it's an outstanding site.

Authoring BD discs that are compliant? Nothing free, Sony Vegas Movie Studio or Ulead Video Studio are the least expensive with reasonable quality encoding algorithms, IMO.

DSE,

I the past I used DVD-lab Pro for authoring, it was very easy and cost effective way of making good looking DVDs.
Unfortunately they do not support HD and Blue Ray, do you know of anything similar that would support BD?

Vegas Movie Studio supports it. Ulead sort of does, although it's not master-compliant.
Sony just had a major press release today about 3D and BD authoring. I'll try to dig up a link when I get back to my room.

DSE,

I looked around and from what I am reading Vegas Movie Studio only contains DVD Architect Studio 4.5 which does not support creation of BD menus.

Vegas 9 Pro contains DVD Architect 5 which looks like support creation of BD menus, but it is $600 vs. $115 for the Studio, unless the info I found is dated and things changed.

My guess their next version of Studio would come with DVD Architect Studio 5 supporting BD menus.