jtholmes

which HD video camera?

Who is using what? who is happy with what?

I want high quality HD, and I want ease of use, ease of import and edit.

I know there is all this GO Pro/COntour business going on right now, that is great, but I am not convinced that the lenses and over quality is as good. I have had trouble with stable mounting of my countour.

I am thinking CX100, but have done some searches and see reviews of them being difficult to make Mac compatible and difficult to use with imovie.

I am thinking along the lines of traditional video camera manufacturers, SONY , Panasonic, etc... and throw it on top of a new Cookie OZONE helmet. I have found that GO Pro/ countour is just not as crisp and clean as SOny HD and panasonic HD.

Whats small and rad and easy?

Thanks for your two cents

jt

The CX100 works great with the latest version of Imovie. That's the setup several of us have at my dz and there are no issues. If you use older versions of the software it may have issues, but as long as you use imovie 9 you should have no problems..

they say the new sensor increases sensitivity 2 times... for sure is much better in low light.
And also say is 10x more steady...;)

For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp

ALSO it is......
-Smaller!
-Lighter! 70 grams/2 ozs or 21% less.
-New type of sensor, ExmorR , brighter and bigger: 4,5 instead of 3,6mms (1/4-1/5"). http://www.dpreview.com/...09080601sonycmos.asp
-Wider lens: 37 mm focal lenght instead of 42 (in 35mm terms).
-Better display, just 10% more resolution, but with a glossy finish looks great.
-16 gigs of memory instead of 8.
-Can use SD cards, finally don't need to buy thats stupid & expensive memorysticks...
-Higher bit rates in HD-FX mode, but then you can't burn standard dvds.
-More power in the supplied battery. Unfortunably a new V type (NP-FV50), backward compatible but not the other way around, older batteries useless, great for the environment >:(
-Easy Back Up: you can connect a portable hard drive (with its own power) in Fat format, and download and manage your clips without a computer, nice to exchange jumps!

Hope this bit of info helps out a bit:P

For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp