DSE

Small format cameras/SIM

Today, I jumped with a guy who did not jump for 8 months. Today, he did his first jump of the season, downsized 130sqft, change canopy planform, wore small format camera and broke an airplane step.
All on single first jump.
But he had license and "enough" jumps. All went well (except the step).
I was explaining to him why it was all dangerous, but he just did not listen...
I even felt stupid for talking to him, b/c after the jump, everybody were looking at me pointing finger at me for being such a smart ass. I decided to keep quiet from now on... [:/] No point in talking anymore... dz.com has negative influence on me...

dudeist skydiver #42

What I've notice the most in all the years that I have been filming skydiving is that some people film skydiving, and some people just wear a camera on their head. For some it's about the art... for others it's about the money and still for others its just about "getting anything".

Personally, I believe if you don't take enough pride in the art to constantly try to improve and frame your shots and create something of substance... then you shouldn't be wasting your time trying to video a skydive. There's plenty of CRAP out there. the community doesn't need anymore.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Velocityphoto... Obviously you did not read my posts. Go back, read them and then post a reply. >:(

Do I jump a camera? You tell me. I said if I did or didn't earlier in the thread. I also stated my view on jumping a camera. :P

Sorry for the misunderstanding! I didn't read thru all of your posts. I can see you and johnnie marko have some valid points.

Personally i think that the bsr's need to read that it is a requirement by all dz's to have a minimum of 200 jumps before putting a go-pro or any other video cam on. I also think it should fall upon the dzo and s&ta to be held responsible if the rule is broken.

When they do decide to jump a camera of any sort. There should be an instructional program designed just for jumping camera.

Opinions anyone?

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................