Skydivesg

Settings for Canon G10

Just slow it down a little more, depending on how much light you are loosing. I have shot at 60 before without to much motion blur. Depending on how fast a subject is moving around or whatever. Exit shot will get some motion blur and deployment. But even on an overcast day you can shoot 160 and it should be just fine.
I don't normally shot shutter priority anymore much though. Once you learn all your manual settings you'll get much nicer results. But that will come with experience later.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I've been using the TV settings at 200 ISO under good lighting. Works fine! see attached. I know Scary was playing with the manual settings to see if he could get off more shots, but I've found I can click enough pics for my needs. Keep in mind these attached pics are reduced size in ordet to be uploaded. I think I sent you the originals.

I've croped and enlarged these and they look great.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

not necessarily skydiving, have you guys had any problems in low light? ive noticed my g10 is pretty bad in LL, and have heard it from others too:S

\,,,/(-_^)\,,,/
"For once you have tasted flight,you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been,and will long to return"

It depends on what you mean by low light. If you mean 400 ISO or higher then yes, they are known to get noisy.

I don't intend to use it in anything over 200 ISO.

And then you always have the exposure compensation if needed.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

I would also like to know how you trigger the camera. I have one but need to know how to "press the button".

.......Ummm... with your index finger??

G-10 and G-11's have a built in remote plug. You can use a tonge/bite/blow switch.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."