jarodorrell

GoPro Tilting in Freefall

Hi, just got a GoPro HD cam, first camera and really enjoying it so far. Have had some tilting in a few jumps though, once in backfly it got pushed all the way down. I have tightened the screw as much as possible and it will still move - anyone have this problem?

Was considering trying to score the plastic somewhat so it's not so smooth and has a little more friction, not sure how best to go about that though. I could always throw some glue in it but then it's a little more permanent than I'd like it to be.

Thanks in advance for the help!

They come with extra parts. Try switching the screw. I had the tilt problem when flying headdown. It wouldn't tighten enough even with a screwdriver. But switching the screw to another I had in my bag of parts held it tighter.
http://www.exitshot.com

How about a washer of some kind? Maybe a lock washer? A longer screw? A shorter screw? What about a nut? A lock nut? Some glue? Some tape? A rubber band? Some used chewing gum and a stick? A zip tie? Velcro? A strap of some kind?

I'm jumping later today and I've got gum in my pocket so I'll definitely try that.

Hi!
Borrowing the tread a little. Anyone having trouble with the GoPro HD mounts, the ones that came with mine has noticeable play in it, it don't secure the camera completely. I'm not talking about the screw but the play between the clip and baseplate. It, might not be a problem but i can imagine it will cause vibrations in the picture. I haven't jumped with it yet.
//JF