gon

GoPro, anyoned disassembled it ?

Hello guys

I am wondering if anyone has opened a GoPro HD. I just got one, and I was thinking that the form factor is not all that great....
It would be cool to separate the lens and sensor from the rest of the body. Then you could really have a very small thing in front (or on the side) of a full face RW helmet, and just mount the body on the back or somewhere else.

I googled but found nothing.

Thanks!
Gonza

Trunk has one. He had it at the expo on the table. I looked at it briefly and I am wanting to say that what you want to do is going to require more effort than it's worth, if its even possible, as its all on one very small breadboard .
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Yeah, it can't be done without a ton of work and even then with long signal lengths it may not work at all. The gopro consists of 3 PCBs with fine pitch connectors between each board. The lens goes through the top two boards to the sensor on the third board. This thing is tight.

-Trunk
HYPOXIC

Thanks so much guys.

Yeah I figured it was not gonna be easy. Besides, the electronic genius is my little brother, not me. Everything looks easy when you think about making others do the all work :-)

Thanks for the feedback, I guess it makes no sense. Still, howard, if you are opening one, I would appreciate some pics.

Gonza