fatalskydive

Video Concession Owners: I need your help

I've been running a video concession for a few years now, but this is the first year that I have "my LLC." running the video concession.

I was hoping that someone already has a templete made and would mind me using it. What I"m looking for is a Tandem Student Video Waiver and also a video concession employee legal paper work ( as I'm gonna be 1099 my employees @ the end of the year )

1. Tandem Student Waiver
* Looking for a one page waiver that covers stuff like what happens when there is a problem with the video product and a refund is necessary. I'm not responsible for skydiving accidents. Video and pictures are property of the LLC, and maybe used in advertising, etc......

2. Employee Legal paper work
* Something a new hire would fill out, should include a spot for SSN's or Company EIN's. That the video they shoot for tamdems is property of my LLC for the video concession.

Thanks for any help sent my way,

Ken

I'm not a lawyer, but you are essentially just running a photography / video shop..

Have your videographers fill out I9 forms
Have them sign a seperate piece of paper that they are doing "work for hire" with all video / photos shot by them are your property.
The tandem passengers really only need a model release I guess.. since they are already signing waivers to do the tandem jumps... you are just coming along to record it..

What you want is a legal document. Why would you ask people like me? Go see a lawyer.

Ding! While you're at, it ask the lawyer - or an accountant - for guidance on when the IRS thinks it's OK for employees to be 1099's, and when it thinks they should be W-2s.

Ding! While you're at, it ask the lawyer - or an accountant - for guidance on when the IRS thinks it's OK for employees to be 1099's, and when it thinks they should be W-2s.

You can also ask him what canopy you think would be best for a skydiver starting up a video consession.
:D:D

It's not meant to be a dickhead comment I'm just fucking around at 538 AM. But you would definitely want to go to a professional about a legal doc.
Asking this group may get you SOME useful info, but most of it would be like trying to train monkeys to Change your oil.

You may get by with the job but it was still done by monkeys.
My photos

My Videos

Im sure this will be a sticky response, but i was researching the copyright agenda and was wondering how to do skydiving business above board aswell.

and my interpretation was..

if you are an employee and the employer supplies the equipment/media to create that work, then the employer owns the Copyright

but

if you are an independent contractor providing your own equipment/media, then you the creator/author retain the copyright.

My research came from
Employer–Employee Relationship Under Agency Law
EDD of CA INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR OR COMMON LAW EMPLOYEE
1976 Copyright Act : Circa 9

any real world copyright lawyer clarify this.

Im Independent Contractor (LLC) with all My own Skydiving/Video/Photography Equipment, Supplying all my own blank media, paying rent for a video room in the hangar. Should I not have the copyright?

I would welcome a Salary and Health Benefits

I do not run a video concession and I am not a lawyer, which is indeed who you need to be talking to. However, I own/operate a couple LLCs (for many years now) as well as being associated with several others. The first bit of advice I can give you is to get your terminology right. You say you plan on giving out 1099s at the end of the year, which would make those receiving them CONTRACTORS, not employees. Employees fill out I9s when hiring on and receive W2s at the end of the year. Sub contractors fill out W9s and receive 1099s. Knowing the difference between sub contractors and employees, and keeping the appropriate tax documents in order for both, is more important than you can possible dream if you ever get audited.

Talk to a lawyer, and more specifically, a tax lawyer.