Amazon

Time to upgrade to HD

After an injury at LP in 2008 I took off some time to heal my shoulder so I could actually do that whole pull your pilot chute out of the BOC thing.
Its time to get back into the sky so I am in the process of putting all my stuff in order.

New rig....................check

New larger reserve.....check

Cypres2 4 year(2 years late).....check:S

New larger RED main........check

New larger RED jumpsuit....check

Sony PC-330.....uh no way

So its time for a newer SONY

Will the lenses I have for the 330 work on the newer SONY camera's??

the battery??.. how about my remote??

Will the lenses I have for the 330 work on the newer SONY camera's??

You'll want to upgrade them to HD lenses..

the battery??..

most definitely not.

how about my remote??

most likely not. But I have to say I don't know.

After an injury at LP in 2008 I took off some time to heal my shoulder ...

Will you be coming to LP this year? Your absence was noticed last year.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

>Will the lenses I have for the 330 work on the newer SONY camera's?

They may work but the results will not be HD. Century and Raynox both make pretty good lenses for HD cameras. You'll need new batteries and remotes. (Note the most popular HD camera, the CX100, does not use a remote.)

After an injury at LP in 2008 I took off some time to heal my shoulder ...

Will you be coming to LP this year? Your absence was noticed last year.

I certainly will and I am looking forward to shooting some loads in high def there.:)

>Will the lenses I have for the 330 work on the newer SONY camera's?

They may work but the results will not be HD. Century and Raynox both make pretty good lenses for HD cameras. You'll need new batteries and remotes. (Note the most popular HD camera, the CX100, does not use a remote.)

Do any of the other CX 100 line have the capability of the remote switch... I knida like the one on my PC 330 and my LED thingie that lets me know when its on:ph34r:

Do any of the other CX 100 line have the capability of the remote switch... I knida like the one on my PC 330 and my LED thingie that lets me know when its on:ph34r:

Ah. I think bill thought you meant a remote - as in a remote control....

I'm guessing you're using a CamEye on the PC330, correct? I don't think that will work on the CX100. You'll need to get a HypEye D. Especially seeing there is no external On switch on the CX100 unless you flip open the view screen. The HypEye will turn it on for you as well as being an indicator.

Welcome back to video!!! Get out your credit card!! :)

Ah. I think bill thought you meant a remote - as in a remote control....

I'm guessing you're using a CamEye on the PC330, correct? I don't think that will work on the CX100. You'll need to get a HypEye D. Especially seeing there is no external On switch on the CX100 unless you flip open the view screen. The HypEye will turn it on for you as well as being an indicator.

Welcome back to video!!! Get out your credit card!! :)

I saw a really pretty RED one on my website

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-HDR-CX150-Definition-Handycam-Camcorder/dp/B0031RGL0M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269493859&sr=8-2

Do the HypEye D and the lenses Bill mentioned work on the CX 150?

Next who makes a box to keep it nice and purty and not muched on the top of the door of the freakin otter as I try to get outB|

Boxes from Cookie, Tonfly, and Bonehead are available, plus a few boutique/special boxes here and there. Best one I've seen was made from an electrical junction box.

HypEye D controls the camera; only way to fly, IMO.
Yes, it controls the 150 as well.
Lenses Bill mentioned work on it too.

Small correction point, you can use older, SD lenses on the HD camcorders and you'll still have an HD image, but you'll have lost so much resolution due to the glass mismatch and optical quality that it'll be soft like an SD image in an HD stream. Your soft image will be stunningly soft.:P

3 of my friends have converted cameyes to work with their CX105's/CX7. They say its a bit of a fiddly job but if you know what you're doing electronically its doable.

Not just electronically, but mechanically as well. There is no mini jack on the CX100 that a Cameye will even plug into. At the very least you would have to get an A/V plug for the CX100 ($) before doing anything electronically. I can't imagine it being worth the time or effort when the Hypeye D is available.

Boxes from Cookie, Tonfly, and Bonehead are available, plus a few boutique/special boxes here and there. Best one I've seen was made from an electrical junction box.

HypEye D controls the camera; only way to fly, IMO.
Yes, it controls the 150 as well.
Lenses Bill mentioned work on it too.

Small correction point, you can use older, SD lenses on the HD camcorders and you'll still have an HD image, but you'll have lost so much resolution due to the glass mismatch and optical quality that it'll be soft like an SD image in an HD stream. Your soft image will be stunningly soft.:P

I spose I will need a good .5 lens to start off the new collection and a nice big fisheyeish lens. What is a good source and can you recommend which one to buy to ensure it really is HD quality??

I really enjoy the Century .55x and use it for everything. A while back I wrote this up for the CX100 which basically summarizes everything.

[URL http://www.gethypoxic.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/61-cx100.html]Sony CX100 for Skydiving[/url]
HYPOXIC

>I spose I will need a good .5 lens to start off the new collection and a nice
>big fisheyeish lens.

I've had good luck with the Century .5 (43mm thread) lens; it's a nice lens and it's not that big, and for a single element lens it looks pretty good. Only drawback is that you can't zoom through it. The Raynox HD-3030 is close to a .5 on the CX100 and gives you gorgeous video, but it's bigger, heavier and more expensive.

Ok Almost ready to go

Bought a RED SONY CX-150 from amazon.com
Bought a Century .55 lens from ChutingStar at The Farm
Bought a Hypeye D Pro from Sonic at the Ranch Pro Shop
Bought a Bonehead Optik Illusion from likestojump
Bought a RED Tonfly box from Tonfly and confirmed this morning.

Now just need to wait for the box to arrive and to paint the Bonehead to match

Hey gotta look good while you are doing this stuff right????