Bill_K

CX-100 to ??

Hello,

I hate to even ask this and yes I've searched several different things looking for the answer. The CX-110 will NOT work with the way that my helmet is setup, I really need to get to the card on the side like my 100 has. What is/are my options for a new CX100ish type camera to have as a back up these days? Am doing enough videos a weekend now that having a back up on hand is a must. When I go to B&H, the 100's are discontinued.

Thanks in advanced,
BK

I just bought my CX-100 at sonystyle.com, but i just checked all they have now are refurbished cx100 but have full warranty and you can get a 2 year warranty for handling damage for about $70

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665742597

here is the link to them they are $339.00.

only drawback i have with this camera is there is no way I know of to turn the camera on or start recording with out opening the LCD, with out buy a hypoxic pro.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death. www.reaperwear.com

I currently shoot a 100, just want another for a back up. May just need to go ahead and pick up a couple more from sony style while I can I guess. Was/am still hoping to find something that side loads though. I use the hype-eye-D Pro from Hypoxic, love it, works great!

I was shopping for a CX100 on Amazon.com a few weeks ago and picked up a new one for $335. I just looked again and the cheapest I saw was $393 for a new one.

I'm a complete camera noob, but I don't know if I'd trust a refurbished camera in FF.
I got nuthin

I'm a complete camera noob, but I don't know if I'd trust a refurbished camera in FF.

Well, if you're doing video for hire maybe you won't be comfortable buying a refurb. For me, though, I will just be videoing my friends so I'm going to jump on this $289 offer.

The SonyStyle website isn't too clear about what comes with the camera. If I buy one will I get the battery, charger, cables, etc?

Bob
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

I was shopping for a CX100 on Amazon.com a few weeks ago and picked up a new one for $335. I just looked again and the cheapest I saw was $393 for a new one.

Right now a referb is kind of out. I really want a back up that is like the 100 with a side load memory card slot. I do this for hire and so it's very important to have that.

why have a backup? there are no moving parts! the old dv cameras i can see but now there isnt much reason to.
the software or touch screen might crap out, but you will probably have some warning. (ie it starts to act funny)
for several years i had backups and they just sat there, sold them for way less that i paid for them and made no $ with them, complete waste of $.

look at the $$ you have sitting there not being used.
so you might miss 1 weekend without a vid jump. Go make some fun jumps.

and no i am not making alot of $ at the dz or my "real" job right now, yet another reason I will not buy a backup. cant afford it.

i am relying on the extra $ i make at the dz to get buy right now, but if i miss 1 weekend im not going to die.
save your $ wait until your cx-100 dies and buy the newest greatest thing when it comes out.
dave
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Well, if you're doing video for hire maybe you won't be comfortable buying a refurb. For me, though, I will just be videoing my friends so I'm going to jump on this $289 offer.

The SonyStyle website isn't too clear about what comes with the camera. If I buy one will I get the battery, charger, cables, etc?

Bob

If anybody's interested I did buy a refurb CX-100 at SonyStyle when it was offered for $289 and the battery, charger, cables, etc. did come with it. That thing is so cute.

Now I have to wait for the Hypeye D pro be in stock again, and get a lens. This weekend I get to cut into my helmet.

Bob
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."