guscabana

Sony CX155/150 review

A little more than a year after the CX105/100 made our lives better, Sony do it again with this little gem...
-Smaller!
-Lighter! 70 grams/2 ozs or 21% less.
-New type of sensor, ExmorR , brighter and bigger: 4,5 instead of 3,6mms (1/4-1/5"). http://www.dpreview.com/news/0908/09080601sonycmos.asp
-Wider lens: 37 mm focal lenght instead of 42 (in 35mm terms).
-Better display, just 10% more resolution, but with a glossy finish looks great.
-16 gigs of memory instead of 8.
-Can use SD cards, finally don't need to buy thats stupid & expensive memorysticks...
-Higher bit rates in HD-FX mode, but then you can't burn standard dvds.
-More power in the supplied battery. Unfortunably a new V type (NP-FV50), backward compatible but not the other way around, older batteries useless, great for the environment >:(.
-Easy Back Up: you can connect a portable hard drive (with its own power) in Fat format, and download and manage your clips without a computer, nice to exchange jumps!

Easy times for cameraflyers...
Gustavo

And they go and put the card slot on the bottom. Dicks :|

At least they swapped over to a SD card and not the PRO Duo cards You cant expect to get everything you want now can you :P
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Just curious about the guys using memory card cameras... How often are you taking your cards out of the camera? I have a CX100 (which I haven't jumped yet), but only one memory card. I'm not assuming I'll need any more, but time will tell. The only reason I'd pull mine out is to use it in a card reader, but I don't have a memory stick card reader anyway so I'll be plugging in the USB cable. I just don't see that a bottom-access memory card would bother me. But we'll see what happens when I start shooting.

Dave

I use two cards usually. One I leave at the editing station and the other cycles back to the camera. Keeps a fresh card in all the time and then the editor can do the editing as they have time for it.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

How often are you taking your cards out of the camera?

After every jump. I have fast cards and a fast cardreader, this is the fastest solution. I also don't have to tether the camera (+helmet) to my pc this way, don't have to leave my camera on for the duration of "dubbing", I also can leave the card at my pc and go jump with another card if I'm in a big hurry, especially during back-to-back loads as this way the coach can get a look at the jump on his laptop while we're jumping again.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

At least they swapped over to a SD card and not the PRO Duo cards You cant expect to get everything you want now can you :P

What's wrong with the PRO Duo cards? I hadn't heard anything.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

What's wrong with the PRO Duo cards? I hadn't heard anything.

Lots of more SD cards are made than Pro Duo sticks... Makes them cheaper.

Just curious about the guys using memory card cameras... How often are you taking your cards out of the camera? I have a CX100 (which I haven't jumped yet), but only one memory card. I'm not assuming I'll need any more, but time will tell. The only reason I'd pull mine out is to use it in a card reader, but I don't have a memory stick card reader anyway so I'll be plugging in the USB cable. I just don't see that a bottom-access memory card would bother me. But we'll see what happens when I start shooting.

Dave

I have two cards. I land, pull one card, give to editor, grab my other card, clear it, go pack and repeat. Anywhere from 6-10 times a day right now. When I can afford a second rig that number will probably go even higher.