novacaine

Need Camera Box Suggestion...

I operate a security consulting business, that I started a year ago. A former client of mine, from a previous employer, called me up on Tuesday and threw me a challenge.

My client asked if I would be interested in a bid to add a few CCTV Cameras (Supply Only) to a couple of aircraft for a commercial they are working on.
The two problems are, the deadline is on Friday. The second problem is the mount is much larger than cameras the client wants to use. A large specification was the mounts could not be altered in any form or fashion, because they are approved by the FAA. Since the 'U' bracket is wider, wide almost 6", I am thinking of creating a custom carbon fiber housing, similar to the camcorder boxes.

Due to my many jumps, I am unfamiliar with most of the helmet companies. I don't know which companies offer custom work, let alone whip up a quote in a matter of days. :S[:/] However, I'm sure some of you here might be able to point me in right direction ;):D

Thanks ever one!

If it is just for one commercial, why build a box at all? Just bolt the cameras to the mount. They should do fine. A year ago or so we bolted a big Panasonic HD camera (HX-200?) to the strut of an Otter for "just one load." Got real busy all of a sudden and the plane ended up turning for about 6-8 loads before we could take the camera off. It did fine. I routinely put 500 or more jumps on any given camera on my helmet without a box, and never had a camera problem.