Reaperwear

CX 100 Question

I just got my new CX-100 but is seems that to turn it on to record you have to have the LCD Panel turned outward.
I know on other cameras you do not have to have the LCD panel turned out or open to record. Mine wants to turn off as soon as you close the LCD Panel.

Any help would be nice
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death. www.reaperwear.com

I just sent them a email their website does not recommend the Hyp eye with the CX 100 but does not say it will not work, but for sure there is no way to tell if the camera is recording otherwise.

BTW I finally found the right settings to close the LCD without turning it off, thanks for the help I was getting worried it was not an option.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death. www.reaperwear.com

I just sent them a email their website does not recommend the Hyp eye with the CX 100 but does not say it will not work, but for sure there is no way to tell if the camera is recording otherwise.

BTW I finally found the right settings to close the LCD without turning it off, thanks for the help I was getting worried it was not an option.

I believe you misunderstood the website. It states that the CX100 works with the Hypeye D Pro but it DOES NOT recommend using the Hype D Mini.

The Mini is a Hypeye without a button, it just has the indicator LED

http://www.gethypoxic.com/support/useful-topics/50-hypeye-d-pro-a-hypeye-d-min-compatible-camcorders.html

My Hypeye D Pro works great with my CX100!
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."