blueskiesbill

Need Help Making Video

If you are not in or around the baltimore area then i guess u do not need to read this:

I am a fifth grade teacher in Baltimore city and I took a bunch of my students to go snowboarding through the Burton Chill program (burton basically pays for your students to go snowboarding 6 different weekends completely free of cost -- lift tix, head to toe gear, lessons, trans., etc)

anyway i have a bunch of pictures and videos that I would like to put into a 'semi-professional' video format with music, effects, etc. that i would show to the whole school during an assembly and give copies to the students involved. I have tried the windows movie maker and it did not fair to well for me ...

so my question is --- if you are willing and within no more then a couple hour drive could you work with me on making a video with all this stuff?

thank you and blue skies!!!

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

Bill, I bet the school district has a nice mac some where in the district and the iphoto & imovie & itunes will all work together seemlessly it's all drag and drop once you load your media, you could do this in house if you can find the Mac.

Learning it is easy vs learning a windows based format.

Just food for thought.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Mac or PC makes no difference.:S In fact, for MUCH consumer level video work, PC is significantly superior in several ways.

Anyway...
How much content is there? If it's mostly stills needing pan/crops, etc, upload to an FTP with direction and I can do it in a coupla minutes.

I meant for someone who has never done anything in the editing world and trys movie maker, it would hands down faster to learn imove, iphoto then windows based systems. However I admit I have not tried any newer products like sony vagas 9.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I meant for someone who has never done anything in the editing world and trys movie maker, it would hands down faster to learn imove, iphoto then windows based systems. However I admit I have not tried any newer products like sony vagas 9.

Pinnicle, Sony Vegas, or similar products are not very user friendly (first time users). Microsoft Moviemaker is very simple even for beginners and it’s free software. I use it for my entry level video production students. They pick it up on their own with very little direction. And, did I mention that it’s FREE to download.

O.P. Check out Moviemaker, download it for free, go online where there’s a lot of tutorials. You’ll be editing videos like a pro in no time. Then, look into more sophisticated software when your ready.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

thanks for the replies .... i guess i will give it a whirl again ... the problem with my windows moviemaker is that for some reason it does not let me save when i finish or burn to a disc, stick, etc... So i was trying to find someone that had the equipment to help me edit and rip a handfull of copies for a nominal fee ...

wish me luck but the original ques still stands if anyone finds this thread and is nearby

the condemned convict climbs the highest peaks without fear

like I said...put your stills on an FTP, and unless there is a LOT of video to edit, I'll cut it for you in a few mins.

Get a trial copy of Sony Vegas, cut it in a short time.
Get a trial of Premiere, cut it in a short time...
All of the tools are available as trial tools.