BigM

CX100 Playback - PANIC TIME!!! Help Please!!!

Just tore off the old TRV22 and got my spiffy new CX100 mounted up and am headed out the door to go to the DZ to video meat. Discovered what looks like a HUGE step backwards in technology with the new camera. PLEASE tell me i'm an idiot and am missing something. I use linear editing and I can't figure out a way to make the camera playback in slow motion (for the exit, selected portions of freefall, etc.) and there certainly wasn't a remote with it in the box. I know about the "Smooth Slow Record" mode...that's not what I am after. I need to slow down the playback ( and slow motion reverse- for reversing the exit...deployment, etc.) would be nice. Please don't spin me towards editing on my 'puter to get that effect. The old TRV22 did the job excellently. Surely this camera hasn't gone backwards in technology.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Just tore off the old TRV22 and got my spiffy new CX100 mounted up and am headed out the door to go to the DZ to video meat. Discovered what looks like a HUGE step backwards in technology with the new camera. PLEASE tell me i'm an idiot and am missing something. I use linear editing and I can't figure out a way to make the camera playback in slow motion (for the exit, selected portions of freefall, etc.) and there certainly wasn't a remote with it in the box. I know about the "Smooth Slow Record" mode...that's not what I am after. I need to slow down the playback ( and slow motion reverse- for reversing the exit...deployment, etc.) would be nice. Please don't spin me towards editing on my 'puter to get that effect. The old TRV22 did the job excellently. Surely this camera hasn't gone backwards in technology.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Yep your screwed! No remote, no easy way to do slomo.
Welcome to the digital age Jeff. Now you just need to upgrade your editing system. and yes you will need to do that on your 'puter.
Have one of the vidiots there edit for you, some one there has to be digital by now.
Call me if you need any help setting up a system....I might even have one I'll sell you ;)

Dave
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

As posted about in several threads, flash-based camcorders don't bring a tremendous amount of benefit to those that are still in the analog editing world.
If you're not in the computer world...then you're likely best off with your old camera that operates the way you're used to it working.
Flash-based camcorders are all about speed. Linear/analog editing systems aren't about speed.

You can edited digitaly, in better quality, in the same amount of time, and deliver a higher standard product, with less manual work (not having to be AT the computer, while its rendering/burning).

Its a new step to learn, but liniar editing is something you'll never want to go back to once you get the hang of it..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?