markovwgti

Canon XSI Problems

SO i havent gotten this sign once when i was working all sumer with the camera but all of the sudden i am getting "Card Write protected" When i try to take pics, with all the cards i have, And no the little safety lock is not on, the cards are PNY Optima SD Cards.

Anyone else have this problem? I hope this doesnt happen when the season starts!!

SO i havent gotten this sign once when i was working all sumer with the camera but all of the sudden i am getting "Card Write protected" When i try to take pics, with all the cards i have, And no the little safety lock is not on, the cards are PNY Optima SD Cards.

Anyone else have this problem? I hope this doesnt happen when the season starts!!

I bet you're having an issue with the little trigger inside the card socket that detects whether or not the lock switch is engaged. I don't have my cam here, so i can't confirm, but I believe it's a little piece of metal in there that likely got pushed out of place. You can probly fix it quickly with a tiny screwdriver and a good light source. 'luck

You did fill out the XSi warranty card when you got the camera right?...

You don't need to fill out so-called "warranty" cards in the U.S. to use your warranty. They actually have nothing to do with warranties, and are just used to collect bulk consumer data. All you need is your receipt.