BigM

CX100 Video & Stills???

OK guys...I'm not a bright guy. Got a CX100 on the way to replace the old, tired (but trusty) TRV22. Question is...surely the thing can't take stills while recording video, can it? (Saw the switch adapter for stills on Paragear.) And if so, does it interrupt or bother the video, and what quality are the stills?
Thanks all-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

OK guys...I'm not a bright guy. Got a CX100 on the way to replace the old, tired (but trusty) TRV22. Question is...surely the thing can't take stills while recording video, can it? (Saw the switch adapter for stills on Paragear.) And if so, does it interrupt or bother the video, and what quality are the stills?
Thanks all-
Jeff

You can capture the stills with software after the jump too.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Those are not stills, those are frame grab and are of a really low quality.

Explain that to me. How does a camcorder record in high definition but a frame grab is not high definition?
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

i dont really agree with this.

i take mine freeflying all the time and get great stills while im recording hd video. it takes more than 3-5 stills per jump too...not many more...but just saying.

some of my photos have even been posted in parachutist mag...

i think its a perfect setup for just having fun. i wouldnt recommend using it for tandem videos or anything...

i think its a perfect setup for just having fun. i wouldn't recommend using it for tandem videos or anything...

?????:|

Do you mean using the both video and stills at once is not great for tandems as i would of thought that the video footage would be great from this cam as tandem footage !!

maybe i read this wrong but i am dyslexic :P
YeHaaaaaaaaaaa

Do you mean using the both video and stills at once is not great for tandems as i would of thought that the video footage would be great from this cam as tandem footage !!

No this camera definitely can't do both at a quality for tandem. It's very good for just the video but the stills quality will not be good enough to sell but are great for facebook etc also you can only take about 10max a jump whilst shooting video.