FHOX

blow switch (ultimate-switch)

I have been using the new blow switch, and I´m loving it, it´s small, it fits inside your helmet and you don´t notice it´s there and is very cheap and most of it WORKS PERFECT!!!;)
What is your opinion???
www.ultimate-switch.com

I have been using the new blow switch, and I´m loving it, it´s small, it fits inside your helmet and you don´t notice it´s there and is very cheap and most of it WORKS PERFECT!!!;)
What is your opinion???
www.ultimate-switch.com

...that their customer service sucks and they don't honor offers posted on their website.......[:/]

$80=very cheap?
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

http://www.pcprg.com/tongueswitch.htm

I realize your post was in regard to the blow switch but using info from the above link I built a tongue switch for around $6. I have taken around 3000 shots without a problem.
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

I have been using the new blow switch, and I´m loving it, it´s small, it fits inside your helmet and you don´t notice it´s there and is very cheap and most of it WORKS PERFECT!!!Wink
What is your opinion???
www.ultimate-switch.com

You work for them.

I have been using the new blow switch, and I´m loving it, it´s small, it fits inside your helmet and you don´t notice it´s there and is very cheap and most of it WORKS PERFECT!!!Wink
What is your opinion???
www.ultimate-switch.com

You work for them.
no offense meant to the original poster but this would be my opinion as well... or you are at the very least are sponsored by them... :P
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Don't know yet, but I will soon. My new vapor wes pro is almost done. I was worried how the cup over the mouth would interfere with using a tongue switch, and I think I was right to worry. I don't see how ut can work without cutting up the helmet. So I decided to order an ultimate switch and see how that works. Its been shipped, just waiting for it to arrive. I wish they had US dealers. Doesn't seem like business has been great... my order number was under 40.

We'll see how it works...

Dave

What is your opinion???
www.ultimate-switch.com

You work for them.
no offense meant to the original poster but this would be my opinion as well... or you are at the very least are sponsored by them... :P

Is this the same guy that posted an ad on my facebook page? that was not cool.
http://www.exitshot.com

$80=very cheap?

If it lasts anywhere as long as the 'other' blow switches it is very cost effective.

My wife uses conceptus bite switches and has purchased many of them and some have been replaced free of charge, but the customers that were paying for the photos will never have stills of thier first jump, ever. She maust have spent hundreds of dollars on them over her skydiving career.

I use a blow switch and had to heavily modify (file) the switch to fit inside my Rawa helmet. It has never failed

I would like to try one of these units It seems like the perfect soluton to me.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

but the customers that were paying for the photos will never have stills of thier first jump, ever. She maust have spent hundreds of dollars on them over her skydiving career.

You believe that this blow switch will last forever and ever?

Nothing will last forever but compared to the marketed tongue and bite switches i've seen the blow switches might as well last forever. Through my carrier i've averaged 500-700 jumps on my bite switches, about 1 a year for me. Several of the people I know have put over 8000 on the same old blow switch, one has over 10. 8000, most skydivers will never do that many jumps total no less photo jumps. The only other system i've heard of coming close to those numbers is a tongue switch mounted on the chin cup that you poke with your tongue without putting the switch in your mouth.

My next switch is finally going to be a blow switch. I was planning on trying these guys product but now im a little concerned with the shifty marketing practices. Especially the adds on peoples facebook, i really hate that kind of thing.

rhys,
The ironic thing is I was all set to purchase one of these switches a couple of weeks ago until I started getting the run-around regarding a 10% coupon which I was told I would get IF I registered for their website and it specifically stated I could use it on my first order.

So I jump through the hoops and registered, I got the email regarding my new account but no coupon. I went ahead and registered again using a different email but the same result. I emailed the company directly and they claimed I was confused and the only special was off the switch itself. I finally took a screenshot and emailed it to them, they then admitted I was right and they would reply the next day with a solution.

I have emailed them back 3 times since then but I have still have yet to get a reply, but what do you know...the webpage has been "fixed" and the coupon is gone.

The discount was only about $8.00 and I would have ordered the switch without a problem had I not read that I could get another 10% off. But instead of honoring their offer they would rather ignore me.

I already run my mouth at the DZ about what a shady company they are but I did not bother posting here but I am glad they tried to advertise here.

I am VERY glad I did not order it because this company is clearly less than ethical

BTW, I attached the screen shot I got off their webpage.

I went with a Conceptus switch and it is working out very well!

I have plenty of room in my clamshell (I have an FF3) to fit any blow switch but I picked Conceptus since I have heard good things about their company.

Bite switches have a reputation of not being very long lasting.

Personally I like the bite switch because of the "feel". You can always "feel" when you are triggering it. I admit straight away that I dont have personal experience on blow switches, but I would expect they dont offer as precice "feel" of when you trigger (or start the burst and end the burst). Also with biteswitch you are able to breath more freely ? I could be mistaken naturally on this since I dont have personal experience over blow or suck switch..

The issues I was experiencing with bite switches was that the rubber cover broke down ultimately and moisture got inside the switch. This corroded the metal parts, and pretty quickly the switch was useless because as we all know corrosion doesnt conduct electricity.

After I had gone through 3 switches I decided that I need to solve this problem. I could go to blow switch for its reliability, but on the otherhand I didnt want to loose the pros of the bite switch..

I solved this by peeling off the rubber from the switch. You end up having two flexible metal condutors that will short circuit when pushed together. Next step is to polish the corrosion off and finally cover the switch with durable pacifier silicone. (you dont necessarily need to include the plastic mouthpiece of the pacifier id you dont want to) :P

The pacifier silicone is much more durable + more ergonomic IMO. After doing this mod, I have had no problem so far. I have yet to see how long it actually lasts, but Im pretty confident this is a very good solution if you prefer to use the bite switch and dont want to buy a new switch every 500 shots...

Conceptus has great customer service. Definitely a factor in my decisions.

I sometimes use a small water balloon over the switch, rubber-banded for a cheap seal. This temporary waterproof seal will elongate the life of a bite/tongue switch and is easily replaceable.

I had close to 700 jumps on my 49.00 Conceptus tongue switch, and it would have lasted longer most likely, had I not bitten through it when I had a "bad" landing.
Other guys at the DZ have had to return a Conceptus after around 1000 jumps, but Conceptus has been super-good about replacements.

I like em', even if they do only last 1k jumps. That's pretty cheap, IMO.

Hello,

First off all, thanks for all comments about the Ultimate Switch and other devices on this post.

And a special thanks to Steve Lawrence, who help me to detect one “program error” on the Ultimate Switch online store.

YES, in the first days (about 50 days), the online store have a 10% discount on the 1st order, as you can read on the Steve PDF attach.
“…You will also receive a 10% discount coupon to use with your 1st order…”

This was a “programmer” mistake. I buy this online store as a template, make a little changes and put online. This Zen Cart template came with this discount as default. I don’t see it never on the test process.

Since the first day, ALL costumers have a discounts on the main products.

We sell about 100 Ultimate Switch in the last 80 days, and more news will came in the next month.

1 Non Customer unsatisfied - Steve Lawrence, maybe he never see the Ultimate Switch working.

1 Customer suggestion, Skydog Dropzone user, from UK:

“…The only small thing is that the wire to the camera plug is very thin and exposed at the joint. I have taped it up to make it more sturdy…”

After is suggestion…

We made some several improvements on the Ultimate Switch™ plug wire. As all you can see online.

At this moment:

- No returns products;
- Delivery 100% guaranteed;
- Shipment to major cities usually takes 7-17 business days…
- No sponsored athletes or skydive photographers
- ... and a lot off good comments.

I don’t reply for this emails (posts), because I don’t receive them !
I change my server provider, and now it’s OK.

I came to this forum, after I read a Steve emails from westerday, with a strange comments about my self (hard stuff), but OK.

For those users that think I’m a “non ethical” person, I’m really sorry. Maybe I choose the wrong partner to make the adjustments on the website, to solve the server problems, and to advise me on the Facebook “wall posts”. I’m a Facebook rookie. Now I’m improvement my online skills, as all of us.

The Ultimate Switch, continues as a Premium Skydive Blow Switch, the smaller an the most efficient device on the market. With FIVE year warranty.

For concern my mistakes (or not).
My sincerely apologies.

For more suggestions: [email protected], or phone 00351 919327315.

Best regards,

Nuno Lobo Paulo
Ultimate Switch
www.ultimate-switch.com

UPDATE: I have been in contact with Nuno at Ultimate Switch and I do feel better about the company in general.

For whatever reason I did not get the email indicating I would get the additional discount and due to email changes/problems they did not get my follow up emails.

To be honest, I was very surprised I was blown off over $8, for me it was the principle of it.

I am still sticking with my tongue switch for the time being but I am very eager to hear how this switch works out for those who have purchased it.

and I highly doubt anyone will see one of their ads on their FB page ever again ;)

UPDATE: I have been in contact with Nuno at Ultimate Switch and I do feel better about the company in general.

For whatever reason I did not get the email indicating I would get the additional discount and due to email changes/problems they did not get my follow up emails.

To be honest, I was very surprised I was blown off over $8, for me it was the principle of it.

I am still sticking with my tongue switch for the time being but I am very eager to hear how this switch works out for those who have purchased it.

and I highly doubt anyone will see one of their ads on their FB page ever again ;)

I've been in contact with Nuno as well. I think there was some confusion in how facebook works and it wasn't his intent to misuse it for advertising. I am going to give the switch a try and post my honest feedback after putting some use on it.

Unfortunately my ultimate switch arrived non-functional. I plugged in the wires, plugged it into the camera, and nothing. I tried turning the adjustment screw... nothing. Then one of the tiny wires pulled out of the tubing. See attached photo. I don't know if that wire ever had a good connection. The red wire was always showing... I assume it was broken from the beginning. I was not pulling on it when it came out.

Will I have to send the wire back to get a replacement? I hope the problem is with the wire and not with the switch itself. I assume I could test the switch with a multimeter?

Thanks,

Dave

Hello Dave, how are you ?

Strange, very strange your SUS (Skydive Ultimate Switch) don’t work.

We made all tests (plug and switch) before send the Ultimate Switch Kit. But something go wrong on that unit.

Send back all Kit, please. I already send you a new one this morning.

All comments and feedbacks are welcome on this DZ.com forum or to [email protected]

Regards,
Nuno Lobo Paulo
Skydive Ultimate Switch . www.ultimate-switch.com
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 00351 919 327 315