Rdutch

Wes Helmets question

Wes had a DVD he made on how to build his style of helmet. They arent for sale anymore and impossible to find, I was wondering if anyone bought the dvd, and if I could get a copy of it.
Thanks
Ray

Edited to add: I bought the dvd from Wes years ago back in Deland, I did some networking work for him and he sold me a copy for cost, I lost the dvd over the years.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

the cd wasn't actually a video of how to make the helmet, it was a set of directions on how to build the helmet. Ray, I think I may still have my copy, I'll look for it. I would not have given them out when Wes was still alive out of respect for him. However, I don't feel that it would be a problem now. I'm in the process of moving so I should be able to locate the folder if I stll have it within the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know

Chuck Bryan

why would a retired skydiver want to build a skydiving helmet :)

Does anybody ever really quit skydiving? Nope Im back at it, more than ever. Got my Aff rating, doing 4way, and swooping, and next year I might even strap a helmet back on my head.

Back when I used to build composite aircraft, I was working an a helmet design of my own. I actually made a few camera box's that were kick ass. Think of those cages that they used to sell made out of aluminum that you mounted your camera in, that protected your camera but you could still access everything. I made those out of carbon fiber. Anyway I have a lot of free time and wanted to make my own helmet and box's. There was a few things that Wes did, that was on the dvd that I wanted to reference. I lost my DVd and just wanted to see if anyone had a copy.

So whats up Dj? Still in Texas?
Blue SKiEs
Ray

Ray

the cd wasn't actually a video of how to make the helmet, it was a set of directions on how to build the helmet. Ray, I think I may still have my copy, I'll look for it. I would not have given them out when Wes was still alive out of respect for him. However, I don't feel that it would be a problem now. I'm in the process of moving so I should be able to locate the folder if I stll have it within the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know

Chuck Bryan

Thanks Chuck, I used to have the video, Id appreciate a copy.
Blue SkiEs
Ray

Ray

Is there any chance someone would be willing to work with Wes's family to get these DVD's for sale again with them getting the proceeds?

I was briefly contacted by Wes' son about this (by voicemail) but wasn't able to get back in touch with him. It seemed he wanted the legacy put out there, somehow... that was my impression from the voicemail.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I was thinking the same. Was there no one who was Wes' right hand man? Someone who could take over the business?

I realize that for the last few years, he wasn't making them regularly, but with the interest that is still evident, couldn't some interested party look at beginning production again?

I was thinking the same. Was there no one who was Wes' right hand man? Someone who could take over the business?

I realize that for the last few years, he wasn't making them regularly, but with the interest that is still evident, couldn't some interested party look at beginning production again?

It's a shitload of work. I know half a dozen people who, like me, have built their own... and all of them say they wouldn't do it for anybody but themself. :D Even for what Wes was charging, which a lot of people think was expensive, it's still not worth the work IMO. You have to really love it, which Wes sure did.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Im lost without Wes, was waiting for this winter to be in Deland for a new flash setup.

So now im hunting old products down, that CD would be awesome.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/imagelib/sitebuilder/misc/show_image.html?linkedwidth=actual&linkpath=http://home.earthlink.net/~rimworld/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/v001.jpg&target=tlx_new&title=CCM%20with%20camera%20Half%20Cases%20and%20Flash%20Half%20Case

Is the Schumacher guy out West doing CF brackets?

Is the Schumacher guy out West doing CF brackets?

I have not seen Terry make a CF cage/box/bracket, just his usual awesome aluminum work. If your on facebook look him up and you can ask him. If I see him at the DZ I will ask him about it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

It's a shitload of work. I know half a dozen people who, like me, have built their own... and all of them say they wouldn't do it for anybody but themself. :D Even for what Wes was charging, which a lot of people think was expensive, it's still not worth the work IMO. You have to really love it, which Wes sure did.

Any chances of seeing some pictures of yours.
As far as other people making helmets. I used to buid composite aircraft, and parts. We did amazing work, but he did his with the idea of making them one at a time. There is a lot of ways you could make his system for mass production and still hame the helmet made for the individual. But still a lot of work and I wouldnt do it for anyone other than myself.

Ray

maybe someone who did this
or is it his earlier work?
my pictures

I did some asking around at Deland, especially Rickster.

I wanted a copy of the CD, but he said his son took his computer and not heard from him since.

It seems the Legacy of Wes Products are for the lucky few who met him and got a CCM.

I wish I met him in time.

If any one can make a flash bracket like his, please PM me, otherwise I will order some expensive material from Dragonplate, and make a Bunch

Blue warm Skies
Kai

I have CCM #74 that Wes made for me a couple yrs ago complete with flash bracket and the works. B|There's a thread on here where I posted a bunch of pics of the completed helmet with mounts. I can show you next time I see you if I have the helmet with me...the mounts wouldn't be that hard to make.

--Jairo

Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!

AAhh, to have a wes helmet. and I have TWO!!

...The 1st time I saw a Wes Helmet was your Red CCM! I was a newbie with barely 50 jumps and thought, "Damn, that helmet looks FAST, all on it's own." B|I asked you how much it cost, and at the time, I thought it was just ridiculous.:S Many years and a few thousand jumps later, I was getting measured up for the same helmet. :$
Low Profile, snag free helmet mount for your Sony X3000 action cam!