thestalkmore

First Helmet Build Help

So I finally went out and got a cx100 as a bunch of people I jump with have been raving about it. Now that I've got my cameras (I already own an Xti), I need the helmet to put it on! I have a general familiarity with the equipment necessitated for a camera setup, but want to make sure that I don't overlook anything before going out and spending a hefty amount of money. So, any chance people could answer a few questions for me? And please, answer as if I knew nothing (though I do).

-Helmet? I've been looking a lot at the Cookie MXV though I am not committed to it.
-Mounting system/box. I don't have access to a metalshop or the tools to create my own, so I'd probably need to go with something stock. That said, if anyone could tell me what I'd need to say to someone at a metalshop to get my own custom option, I'd be open to that too. I haven't heard remarkable things about the stock boxes that are created for the cx100
-Components? I'm dialed in to the HypEye. Anything else?
-Cx100 lens. How much does this affect quality? Any lenses that are known for being especially good?
-Dealers with good prices on all of this stuff?
-Any other tips?

Thanks for your help!

Chutingstar has just about everything in stock you could think about wanting. A Rawa helmet with a box is a more affordable option than the Cookie helmet + a box. Maybe there is good reason for that, but I don't know yet. I'm waiting for the arrival of my Rawa and box next week. As for lenses, I think it depends on what you want to do with the camera.

I have a FF3 helmet from 2K Composites....this helmet in my opinion for a side mount is by far the cleanest....( comes very snag free )
If you change camera's in the future all u will have to do is change the side door. Very well designed and the fit is awesome..
Just talk to Mike Bowen here on dropzone....he can set u up...great person to deal with...
He can also set u up with a TOP MOUNTED HELMET if thats the way you would like to go also...

my 2cents

Mike
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"