Emmie

Mounting a GoPro on a Gath or a Z1

Has anyone had any experience with this. I have my camera in the mail, and have a Z1 right now. I was wondering whether it's still possible to slide the visor up if the camera is not mounted to the helmet? I use my Z1 in the sky and the tunnel and don't want to buy a new helmet just for the tunnel unless I have to. Also, a separate question. Anyone ever mount a GoPro to a Gath? Picture?
Thanks so much!

I don't know about GoPro, but I recently bought a CX105E meant to be used with my Z1.
For the purpose of using it (=CX105E) for skydiving, I bought camera cage + liquid flatlock + adaptor: in the picture you can see the result after a good alignment (while aligning it, I used CX105E "AS IS" (without any wideangle) for more accuracy; however, imagine to see it in a ready-to-jump configuration with attached an Opteka 0.3X lens :P ).
Once in postion, the camera itself it's so in the rear part of the helmet that the visor can be lifted up, not as much as you would without camera cage but definitely enough to have a clear view.
Hope it helps.

Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

Be aware though that a helmet like that isn't allowed in lots of countries/dzs, as you cannot install a single point cutaway (or any cutaway at all) for it. Besides it not being allowed everywhere, it's also not very smart to not have a cutaway on your camerahelmet. For a beginner cameraflyer this would be doubly so IMO. That opteka is a prime snatchpoint.

Right tool for the right job: if you want to fly camera, get a camera helmet is what I say.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Has anyone had any experience with this. I have my camera in the mail, and have a Z1 right now. I was wondering whether it's still possible to slide the visor up if the camera is not mounted to the helmet? I use my Z1 in the sky and the tunnel and don't want to buy a new helmet just for the tunnel unless I have to. Also, a separate question. Anyone ever mount a GoPro to a Gath? Picture?
Thanks so much!

I have no picture but it works perfect. Yes you can open the visor without any problem when the camera is not mounted.