Hooknswoop

Reserve Re-pack Cost

Where i come from, my rigger in Wichita only charges $40. For him, it's not about the money, but it's an activity he enjoys and it's almost a game to see how neatly he can put a container back together.
Thats the attitude of somebody i will trust my life with. :)
=========Shaun ==========

When we were out at Perris a couple of years back , one of my team mates needed to have a repack after a Mal. The guy who did it is behind Square 1 shop ( He doesn't work or have any relation to Sqaure1, need to make it clear after a mis understanding before) but he charged $90 to repack it, how's that for a rip off.

Depends on which rigger you use (there are 3 or 4 available to us here-) and what flavor rig you own (Some charge more for a Racer, etc-) Mine charges 55 bones to repack my Racer, and I get a very thorough inspection of pretty much the entire rig. He's done a few minor repairs for me, too, usually free of charge, or cheap (replacing my riser velcro for like, 5 bucks or something-) Some charge as little as 35.00 for a repack. I like the guy I use, and he's done 90% of the repacks on this rig, even when the previous owner had it. I also like using the same rigger, so they're able to get used to seeing your stuff.

Easy Does It

30 quid normally. Last time I had my reserve repacked by someone else, when I popped the reserve for the next repack the pilot chute didn't even hit the floor - it just dangled about 6 inches above it :S. Needless to say I ain't using that guy again (he's a rigger examiner as well :|)

$40 from my usual rigger, but I was charged $65 once when I was at another DZ and had to have a repack due to having had a mal.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I believe the going rate at Perris (the "official" loft) is $70; on my new rig they charged me $95 + $10 for cypres installation (which I found a bit harsh, but I wanted it right away so...)
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

When we were out at Perris a couple of years back , one of my team mates needed to have a repack after a Mal. The guy who did it is behind Square 1 shop ( He doesn't work or have any relation to Sqaure1, need to make it clear after a mis understanding before) but he charged $90 to repack it, how's that for a rip off.

Was this a "I need my rig back as soon as possible, like today" kind of repack?

The loft that used to be behind Square One, Adventure Sports Loft, is now located in a building by the dz entrance. They charge (IIRC) $75 for a regular repack. They may charge extra for "same day" repacks, not sure.

Not apologizing for the price, but they do have some serious overhead with the building on the dz, all the sewing machines and the employees. They do good work; until recently that was where I got my gear packed (didn't stop using them because of price but because a friend got her ticket).

There are other riggers in and around Perris who charge less and do quality work. It's not like your teammate had no other choice...

The loft that used to be behind Square One, Adventure Sports Loft, is now located in a building by the dz entrance. They charge (IIRC) $75 for a regular repack. They may charge extra for "same day" repacks, not sure.

Not apologizing for the price, but they do have some serious overhead with the building on the dz, all the sewing machines and the employees. They do good work; until recently that was where I got my gear packed (didn't stop using them because of price but because a friend got her ticket).

There are other riggers in and around Perris who charge less and do quality work. It's not like your teammate had no other choice...

Still seems a lot to me. The loft where I get my reserve repacked is in the DZ building, has sewing machines and employees too, but they charge $45 for a reserve inspect and repack, and $55 if a main inspect and repack is done too. I always get them to inspect the entire thing, it can't hurt to have another pair of eyes looking over your stuff, I reckon.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

No it was a case of as soon as it could be done. Lots of DZ's have high overheads, but none that I know or have been to have ever charged this much, thisis a piss take in my books.

We charge $45 -any type of rig (including student, tandem, pilot, Racer, anything.) Includes new reserve and main closing loops.

$20 extra to replace a Racer quick loop.
$10 extra for a reserve with ZP topskin.

$20 rush fee for same/next day service, or close to a boogie, if out of date. People still have trouble understanding this sometimes, but we have to maintain a reasonable loft schedule.

No extra charge for repack after reserve use while at our DZ.
Alpha Mike Foxtrot,
JHL

I pay $65 for air inspect and repack of the reserve and a full inspection of my main. I have no problem with this because I believe in my riggers work. Would I like to pay less? Sure but I dont want to take it to anyone else. And when I think about what he's actually doing to earn that $65 its silly to question it.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

No it was a case of as soon as it could be done. Lots of DZ's have high overheads, but none that I know or have been to have ever charged this much, thisis a piss take in my books.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That $90 probably included a rush fee.
The rush fee is a result of rigger burnout.
Picture this, you have already worked a 50 hour week with no air-conditioning, when someone asks you to stay late on Friday evening to repack his reserve. So you skip the sunset load and happy hour and are grumpy when you report for your tandem job Saturday and Sunday mornings. Oh, and the customer does not return to pick up his rig for three weeks.
That is why they charge a rush fee.
I used to work in that loft and understand where they are coming from.