skyjumpenfool

New helmet build

I'm working on the cutaway. I made some jumps with it. I now have requests to build several more. I've been working with Berge to redesign the mold to do three things...
- more space for larger batteries
- more clearance for Hype Eye plug
- recut the camera box so I can open the CX-100 viewer to shoot ground footage.

- I built it as a two piece mold. One piece for the camera mount and one piece for the camera box. During testing, it occurred to me that there's a better way to build it. I've redesigned it as a one piece outer shell with the camera mount built inside this shell.

This will eliminate the outer seam between the mount and the box eliminating yet another small snag point. Cutaways are a good idea, but the goal is to minimize the risk of ever getting into a cutaway situation.

Ultimately, I'm trying to create a working man’s camera helmet that is great for shooting tandems. I'd thought about molding a one piece shell which includes the helmet, but, that's a little over my head.

Hey Cookie, I've seen the parts you (and other manufactures) produce. Very nice stuff. What material do you use for vacuum bagging and what can I use for the pump?

The Video camera sits on a pin (thru the tri-pod mount) surrounded by foam in the box and can be easily removed - just lift it out. The still camera mount is held in place by the same pin. It just slides out and can be removed to jump only video. No fancy mounting hardware required! And, different still cameras can easily be attached.

The new mold was just finished. I'll be pulling new parts on Monday. Updated pics to follow I’m still looking for input and constructive criticism??? Bring it on. And, thanks for all the help so far. B|

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."