velocityphoto

Cookie problems?

I just got a new cookie cage and flat lock for my cx-100. The cage has no access to the zoom or still shot feature on top of the camera. The only way to zoom is with the viewer open, no way could you take a still shot with the cage on it. Other than grinding my cage all up myself. Can't cookie make this with the xtra hole for access?

On my flat lock the tab to open it isn't long enough to get ahold of. It is a nagging headache to get the box off of it!

I know this stuff can be fixed myself by grinding holes and some sewing of the tab, but couldn't cookie fix these issues before hand....

Anyone have knowledge of how to remove the strap without cutting it off the cx-100?

My 2 cents!!!!

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Strap:
Remove screws from the bottom and you can remove the strap with no cutting. Be careful what screws go where. Take pictures if necessary for re-assembly.

Flatlock tab:
Tie some string through it making another loop. You will now be able to reach it.

Zoom button:
Sorry, but I don't see any other option but drilling a hole. If you want it done nicely, I'd find a friend with access to a machine shop, they should be able to help out.

The case comes apart easily so if you're having trouble then check for screws you missed. Someone posted a picture guide but it's not really needed. There is one screw where the battery goes, thats the one I almost missed.
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"