Vignetting with an Opteka 0.43

I recently bought a sony cx105 with two Opteka lenses. One of the lenses is a 0.43x HD lens. When I use the lens I'm seeing some vignetting in the corners (see attachment). Any ideas on how to handle this?

I'm not having this problem with the 0.3x ultra fisheye lens from Opteka.

undscrew the sun protection thing (I dont know what it is called) and turn it the way the 2 bigger "wings" are on top and on the bottom and the smaller wings of the sun protection ring are left and right. This should work.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

I' ve bought an Opteka 0.3X for my CX105.
In video modo, everything is fine.
In camera mode, I can see a all around (actually it's the sun hood but at the moment I ahdn't got any screwdriver to remove it: I don't know if, once sunhood removed, there is not any more ).
1) I bought Opteka 0.3X for shooting video, and so whenever shooting videos I haven't got
2) whenever "on the ground" using wideangle to take pictures, I slightly zoom in until I clear the .
In the end, it's a 100 $ lens and for its cost, the 0.3X does do its job quite well indeed B|

Stay safe out there
Blue Skies and Soft Walls
BASE #689 - base_689AT_NO_123_SPAMyahoo.com

I jump a cx105 with a Opteka .43 and have a similar issue.

Fully zoomed out, I get vignetting, but only when I transfer the footage to a PC. It doesn't vignette on a flat screen TV or rear projection TV.

I have a couple of friends who jump the same setup and have no vignetting issues at all. I'm not sure whether it would have anything to do with the step up ring? That's all I can think of that may be different. Maybe my step up ring secures the lens further/closer to the camera lens? I'm not sure if this would have any effect?

When I've jumped the .43 or the .3 I've zoomed in a tiny bit to be on the safe side!

It doesn't vignette on a flat screen TV or rear projection TV.

Of course not, as there is quite a lot of difference in the display: from the Adobe Premiere Pro help file:

Most consumer TVs use a process called overscan, which cuts off a portion of the outer edges of the picture, allowing the center of the picture to be enlarged. The amount of overscan is not consistent across TVs. To ensure that everything fits within the area that most TVs display, keep text within the title‑safe margins, and all other important elements within the action's safe margins.

So always check your footage on a PC not just a TV whenever you change anything on your helmet, to make sure there is no vignetting, no still lens showing, etc etc.

And the other way 'round: never do credits etc right to the footage' edge on your PC when people may view it on a TV too.

ciel bleu,
Saskia