bigway

GoPro HD Handycam glove

After many many different glove going into production, I finally have one that I like and have asked for a batch of twenty to be run off.
I am looking for those who are interested in BETA testing them for me.
They are the same as any old neuman type tackified leather glove with 4way mateiral on top.
Then it has a Neoprene pouch on top that closes secure.
If you were holding your left hand out in front of you it would have the lens looking to the side of the hand but on an angle where it is kind of looking back at you.

I am asking for people to test it out so I can find the best angle.

These gloves once we have a final result will sell for well under $50 USD each. Well under.

If anyone would like a free glove and would like to then give me their feedback on it please send me an email to [email protected] and let me know where you jump tandem and the address to send it to you.

I believe these gopros will make jumping handycam so much easier and cheaper. 4oz on your hand in a normal glove. No more than $350 USD for a tandem master to start doing their own handy cams to edit into their usual camera fliers video. Got to be something that should be looked at.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

hey gary, you can send one to me! you know my address!!

:ph34r:

I do about 80 handicams a month and have about 40 jumps without (probably more over the next couple of months!! ) so can test them to make acomparison, we have full time editors the can give you feedback on the pros and cons also...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

:D

there had better be some t shirts when i get back!:|

I got handy cam glove, wingsuit glove, base jump glove and head down sock.
Yeah I got a little girls tshirt for you mate. Hopefully it's not too big for you.
Catch you when you get back.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Here is a old photo. Please note that the pocket has now been turned around to look over the thumb, back at the jumper. It has also been place on the left hand rather than the right hand.
We have also made some other mods for the memory car, the USB port and also some special ones that will house the new screen that can be attached to the camera.

It is tackified leather palms.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Again, please note this picture is NOT the finishe product
The case is actually facing between 4 and 5 o'clock on the gloves that are being delivered.

Some pairs will have a case on both hands, some only on the left and a couple with both cases on a single hand.
The final ones were shipped out today from the manufacturer. Those who sent me an email will receive a free pair for testing out.
The final product is coming with slots so you can plug into the USB, a well as the TV. Also so you can access the memory card without taking it off. They all have a lens cover as well. I just thought I would not post the finished product a it would be a nice surprise for those who were good enough to send me an address to test these out for us. I am fairly certain that people should be happy with these. MAybe something to stiffen them up would be good.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Will have on Monday. We have made inserts and i understand someone else is making inserts that will hold them in place nice and stable.

I cant imagine them being too shakey as they will be in the clear with the palm of the hand hitting the wind first.

I hope.

However, this i what testing will be for. Someone will find problem and we will fix those problems

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I cant imagine them being too shakey as they will be in the clear with the palm of the hand hitting the wind first.

I hope.

Wind hitting the palm first actually makes shake worse, not better. It puts the camera in a changing burble instead of being constantly pressurized in a stable stream of air. hence the reason for demanding a stiff base.

Sorry about all these 'updates'. I was trying to make a 'community' project and looking for people to help build this and offer their opinions etc. I make alot of gloves for skydiving and because of this I have a manufacturer who will work on things like this for me and provide sample at no cost. so I thought I could do this a a hobby, not looking to profit from the end result.
However, going by the lack of replies, I have realied that this is a dead cause. Please DSE, Either delete this thread or lock it down a I will not continue in thsi thread.

I will of course post a finished product shortly and you guy can see what you think.

It sucks posting these pictures I have posted, but sometimes the manufacturer sends me shitty wrong pics, they then make the correction, i jut dont have the pic s on this computer, I have them 200kms away on my other computer. so I post these pictures with an explanation. I know iit must be confusing, but i post them when i have time, hoping someone will see my vision and help me make them to be a solid product that you guy could benefit from

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I put this glove together and use it mainly for stills as we use 3rd eye camera for tandem on most tandems.

I also put together a foot mount, which also works well

---------------------------------------------
If you don't have wings you will never fly

Loving the foot mount. I have been working on one myself. I think it would be one of those not so professional but great angle shots for the 4-way rel work etc.

All I am trying to do is use the manufacturer i work with to build something that looks professional and not home made. I thought it would benefit others, even though it still does the same job as a home made job.

I really love that angle from the foot. Would love to see some relwork from that angle, not that I like rel work, just the angel is excellent.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

for foot, hand and belly mount i have been using the the headstrap (miners light looking one) just adjust the elastic and wrap it tight around your hand/ankle or max extension for around the belly. mounts well and is very secure all in one solution. hear are some vids using this method handcam: www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlZ6MoScLVg

footmount: www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oNg_tKvvXs

To avoid repost I will make link to to a post i have already made;

click here third post down not sure how to direct it straight to the post...

I gave up waiting for a handicam glove that suited my wants and needs so made one myslelf along with a go pro lens filter, I will imporve the design and manufacture and will be producing them for sale within a month or two. Anyone interested can PM me or email [email protected]

I will make them custom and will make alterations if desired.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I will make them custom and will make alterations if desired.

Can I use it for a couple weeks and then sell it back to you after my vacation is over?
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

I have a similar design that's ready for the general public. We've been testing and revising this item for about six months. The most common use is tandem handcams, but a few funjumpers have used them for shots of themselves and surroundings, with unique results. 12 different jumpers with different size hands, both male and female, have helped us test the two glove sizes. Large and Small are the general sizes, and each may be fine tuned using a front adjustable strap and velcro rear strap.

A sample tandem video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjCc2mYuREc

An ad can be found in the Classifieds photography section

Can I use it for a couple weeks and then sell it back to you after my vacation is over?

I don't have a policy for that but if you were here that would be no problem, you would likely want one after using it for a couple of weeks and get one anyway.

I suggest you keep the mods happy and protect your integrety by not mixing ploitical and emotional discussions in inappropriate threads.

Also by not jumping on a bandwagon and letting it cloud you ability to think for yourself. say your piece and let water flow under the bridge. if you don;t want to do thet there is a specific thread for that converstaion.

It will be hard for you to get ahead in life with an attitude like that.

That is similar, Lets face it, we are not going to reinvent the wheel are we. it looks a little uncomfortable though being made out of cordura, does that not dig into your wrist?

How is the filter attached, to the camera or the glove?

it looks a little uncomfortable though being made out of cordura, does that not dig into your wrist?

So far everyone's said it feels great, no complaints about digging in. The way I've been adjusting it for my use it's all relatively loose until exit time. At that point I make a fist , which tightens the glove against my hand and holds the camera in a rigid position.

How is the filter attached, to the camera or the glove?

The lens cover is attached to the glove: There's a nylon ring on the inside of the plastic front wall, and the screws go into that. The top wall is stretchy at the right side (lycra), so you can pull the lens cover forward, slide the camera into position behind it, then release and the cover pops back into position.

Chris