FFlyer

How long will cx100 be available for?

Hey there,

Maybe this is an impossible question to answer, but how long do you think the sony cx100 will still be available for (when buying new that is). I've got my eye on this camera but dont have the spare cash to get it just yet.

Also, can anyone recommend a good European online store to get this camera for a good deal? Ill be in Estonia (Tallinn) and Hungary (Budapest) in a couple months and im sure ill be able to buy it cheaper there than what I can here. The cheapest i've been able to find it here is around $730 which is way more than what I think it goes for in other countries.

It might even be cheaper ordering it online from some european website and getting it shipped to Budapest or Tallinn while im there. Unless anyone here knows of a good place to look for electronics over there?

thanks, cheers.

Hey there,

Maybe this is an impossible question to answer, but how long do you think the sony cx100 will still be available for (when buying new that is). I've got my eye on this camera but dont have the spare cash to get it just yet.

Also, can anyone recommend a good European online store to get this camera for a good deal? Ill be in Estonia (Tallinn) and Hungary (Budapest) in a couple months and im sure ill be able to buy it cheaper there than what I can here. The cheapest i've been able to find it here is around $730 which is way more than what I think it goes for in other countries.

It might even be cheaper ordering it online from some european website and getting it shipped to Budapest or Tallinn while im there. Unless anyone here knows of a good place to look for electronics over there?

thanks, cheers.

If you are looking for the PAL version cx105 then you can buy it online at pixmania.com
The price is now 560$ plus shipping to Estonia is like 15$

IMHO Pixmania isn't a first choice dealer (more like one of the last).
A lot written in different forums on-line regarding trouble when they needed to return defect stuff...

Just a heads up...
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

Agreed about pixmania, they don't have a very good name here either. However if you order in another country you're gonna have problems with warranty regardless...

Over here, you can get the CX105 for EUR 369 (+ shipping), with a EUR 50 cashback from Sony (coupon and receipt details need to be sent in before feb 15, need a Dutch or Belgian bank account for this I think). This is one of the biggest Dutch photography stores, and this is a very good price :)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I am not sure but seems they are discontinuing the cx100. Maybe it is just some sights are such as b@h and a handful of others. Would be nice to know if sony is gonna stop making the cx100. I am in the market this month and price will drop more as they have been if the are gonna nix this model.