Stueyyy

Sony Handycam - 2010 models released ....

doe these quotes mean you can take 1080/60p unlimited and 240fps(i) for 3 seconds?

No. The camera normally shoots at 1920*1080 50/60i full time and then you can push it to 1080 240i for a max of 3 seconds and it will play it back at 60i. No handcam like this will shoot 60P
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Sooooo..... Is this summary Correct?

Sony Products with,

OIS = Optical I.S. - No good for Skydiving
EIS = Electronic (SteadyShot) I.S. - Is Good for Skydiving

The Sony CX Summary lineup

CX110 / CX150
- EIS , 1/4 R Cmos, T lens, 30mm Filter Dia, No Remote

CX300 / CX350
- OIS, 1/4 R Cmos, G lens, 30mm Filter Dia, REMOTE

CX500/ CX520 / CX550
- OIS, 1/2.8 R Cmos, G lens, 37mm Filter Dia, REMOTE

Any USA CX Models I may have missed?

YEY the remote is back :)
Does this mean slowmotion is back for exits/deployment, rewind and play?

How about giving us back Overlap, Wipe, Flash, Old Movie Effects?

I have the Sony DVDirect MC10 Multi-Function DVD Recorder
on way. Im hoping to be able to change the DVD Menu Background JPEG to my own Photo-shopped Version for Skydiving.

Any one done this?

and hopefully a version with HDMI input will be next.

Kai
(A recent Forum Virgin)

PS : Skydive Deland Expo in March

HDMI input will never happen. There is no reason to ever have it on a consumer camera. There are all sorts of licensing issues that happen to once you get to Europe in terms of what is allowed to receive data and what can transmit. In the old Firewire days the cameras could only send in Europe but here they could send or receive video, it was a license and price issue.

If you are using a CX camera why would you want the in camera effects? Use the computer you are editing on for everything.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Kai3fly is talking about something entirely different. I think most if not all of the AVCHD camcorders haved some sort of HDMI output, either fullsize or mini. DVD recorders don't have HDMI input because they are not meant for recording HD video to DVD or Blu Ray. They are meant to record SD video to DVD.

I'm not at CES, wasn't in the corporate budget this year.[:/] But...
Have had hands-on with the 110, and it's what I expected. It's not a "CX100 killer" so if you've got a CX, don't rush out and buy a 110 unless you're a gear geek. It's the 100 with some tweaks. No experience with the other models, as they aren't as rushed as the 110 is.

Any chance you were able to see or know if the CX110 will fit inside CX100 boxes currently available from Cookie and the like?

Getting requests for boxes for those...but not sure yet if it will fit...holes in the same place, etc.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

I want a CX550v soooo bad with bells and whistles

Okay you camcorder surgeons,

OIS lowdown

Is this correct?

You glue the magnets = 20 second start up
(is this the power on, or when you hit the record button?)

You get the error code from the magnets being glued or the circuit being disconnected?

Someone on a thread in Stockholm stated from europe sony that its possible to remove the OIS without error code or startup issues.

Anyone got a result from USA sony and a location?

My thoughts........................

Keep the magnets free to move but physically disconnect the effect to the OIS lens,

Physically lock down the OIS lens plate to frame/mount

OR disconect the circuit, connect something else that give ok signal and glue the magnets.

OR remove the OIS unit completelty
(but does the lens being missing effect the balance of the system?)

So i need any old Sony CX OIS camcorder that may be broken to I can practice the surgery first before I hack the CX550v open.

Blue Warm Skies Finally in Florida
Kai

Mike,

I'll see you in a couple days but this camera is totally smaller than the CX100. The mounting holes are a different distance from the lens both in the x and y dimension. I heard rumors that cookie is creating a box for it and Terry Schumacher is about ready with his latest box for this camera.

Another note that blows is this camera does have a different battery than the CX100. :-(

However, my soon favorite feature (I get to test it out in a day) is the ability to dump media directly from the camera to a HD. I'll post how it looks.

The CX150 picture is absolutely beautiful. I love it. I'll post some footage during or after the expo for everyone to view.

Blue Ones,
-Trunk
HYPOXIC

Mike,

I'll see you in a couple days but this camera is totally smaller than the CX100. The mounting holes are a different distance from the lens both in the x and y dimension. I heard rumors that cookie is creating a box for it and Terry Schumacher is about ready with his latest box for this camera.

Another note that blows is this camera does have a different battery than the CX100. :-(

However, my soon favorite feature (I get to test it out in a day) is the ability to dump media directly from the camera to a HD. I'll post how it looks.

The CX150 picture is absolutely beautiful. I love it. I'll post some footage during or after the expo for everyone to view.

Blue Ones,
-Trunk

Saw the box and cage last night for the CX110/150. Look great! Much slimmer than the CX100. We should have them in a few weeks.

Would love to see what Terry has too.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

Yep, that is the only difference I have seen. 16GB internal vs. having to purchase a 16GB card. I went with the 150 since it was cheaper than buying another 16GB card. Hell, I can't remember the last time I unloaded any of my cards B|

HYPOXIC

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666073283#specifications

Also a new camcorder in the line up...SX44

It is SD only, but I find myself shooting in SD most of the time anyways and it's half the price of the CX100.

It also will take SDHC along with MS Pro Duo cards :)Whats the world coming too? Sony is using a non-proprietary format :D Now, why doesn't the CX110 and CX150 have this feature?

I bought the DCR-SX44 for my wife. Seems to have the EIS image stabiliszation. I'll jump it one of these days and see how it fares. Could be a decent alternative for shooting vid in standard def.

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666073283#specifications

Also a new camcorder in the line up...SX44

It is SD only, but I find myself shooting in SD most of the time anyways and it's half the price of the CX100.

It also will take SDHC along with MS Pro Duo cards :)Whats the world coming too? Sony is using a non-proprietary format :D Now, why doesn't the CX110 and CX150 have this feature?

I bought the DCR-SX44 for my wife. Seems to have the EIS image stabiliszation. I'll jump it one of these days and see how it fares. Could be a decent alternative for shooting vid in standard def.

How are you going to attach a wide angle lens?

ciel bleu,
Saskia

You can't as there is no threads for a lens. I guess you can always "fix" one but I am too lazy for that. I jumped the SX44 and it works just fine. If it weren't for the lack of wide angle it would be just a great alternative price wise.

The only SD cam that accepts a wide angle lens (30mm) is the DCR-SX83, but for the price difference (around $50 USD) you can go HD with the CX110

All in all, my wife is happy to get her camera back:P

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,

Just an update:

I bought Cx150 and Cx550 camcorders

I jumped both in turn, top mounted on my Rawa with a Manfrotto Quick release. With a Century 0.55 lens.

Both with IS off (Cx150 EIS off, cx550 OIS off)

Both displayed shake while sitflying as the speed built up

Even though i love the cx550, the image quality of the background was better on the cx150. The cx550 footage was soft on the corners and distorted.

Maybe because the CX550 has a wider view, so with the Century 0.55 you get a wider view than then the CX150 and therefor more
background distortion.

Also since there is no box available for the CX550 to dampen it, I dont trust the 1/4 screw hole, because after just 5 jumps there was distortion in the bottom plate, after taking the plastic plate off, only one small screw actually hold that 1/4 hole to the rest of the camera.

Cookie was awesome and sent me Demo Boxes for the Cx12 and HC3, the CX12 box had the most promise.

So I have chosen the Cx150 for my Tandem work on my new Vapor Flat top with the Schumacher Stealth Box.

The stealth schumacher box that i got from chuting star is perfect for top mounting, simple and lightweight in design. a friction snug fit. The camera stays in place due to a gasket ring. I did have a few mm of play front and back, so i put a rubber O ring in between the gasket and the lens. Any size battery works with this box.

Until our DZ pays for a NLE Suite, Im using the Sony MC6 burner to burn SD DVDs, and if the customer wants the AVCHD footage I sell that as unedited / edit at home, by using the USB connection to burn an AVCHD DVD.