Synapse

GoPro HD Carry Case - Pelican 1200

Hey guys, just wanted to show this off in case anyone was thinking of getting a similar case to hold all their GoPro goodies. The size on the Pelican 1200 works great for what I'm doing, although if you're looking to store more gear with the camera (and still have it held in place with foam cut-outs), you might want to up size your case selection just a bit.

By the way, the small white piece of equipment in the picture is a solar charger/battery pack (Solio Mono-i).

-Lee
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain
a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty
nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

I would get the 1450 for the CX100. It would give you plenty of room to bury the camera and also store the charger, cables extra batteries etc. It's roughly the size of a brief case but a little deeper. I have one for my Bose Soundock Portable. I use a much larger Pelican for my camera helmet and other stuff. The Pelican is an awesome way to transport and protect your stuff. Especially cool is the "pluckable" foam to custom fit what ever it is you want to fit.

According to the specs on the cx-100 (I don't own one) it would absolutely fit. The dimensions of the camera are 2.25 x 2.38 x 4.5 and the internal dimensions of the Pelican 1200 are 9.5 x 7.12 x 4.12, which would certainly accommodate it. Hell, they even show a full SLR in the 1200 on Pelican's site.

Now, as pilot-one mentioned, the trick becomes what ELSE you want in the case. I'm guessing you could get the camera and a charger in the 1200 (depending on the size of the charger), but I dunno... a larger case like the 1450 may end up being a better choice.

My advice? Lay out the camera and all the goodies you want to have in the case along with it, allow enough room for padding between components, and add at least half an inch for foam around the outside of the components, then take a measurement of that to get a fix on how large of a case you need. :)

-Lee

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain
a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty
nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin