DSE

CONTEST! ~Funny tandem photo

I agree with you about letting the TI know if the goggles are too loose.

It does ruin the skydive for the student but because the TIs never see the face of the passenger they don't realize how bad it is.

And it is often the same TIs.

A couple of years ago I had one TI that did it about 40% of the time and I tactfully mentioned it to him (in private) and he told me to "just shoot the video".

After that I brought about a dozen 5x7s of the worst ones to the DZ and left them laying around the tandem area.

I believe he was a bit embarrased but he didn't say anything to me.

His goggles have been tight ever since.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Folks are welcome to keep posting pix. However, I do want to make it clear that this contest was over a couple years ago; dead-thread revival. :D

Maybe you should do it again. Should be a bunch of hand cam entries these days. I'm trying to work into my routine under canopy to do a funny face with the student at the camera. I haven't quite decided if I'm going to participate, making a face as well, they can't see me. Might be more funny if played as a little trick on the student.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ