AfricanKid

Is anyone using Premiere Pro CS4 for everyday tandem videos?

You want to make templates, ie get the standard stuff (any intro, extro, credits and the like) already done, and the music too (I have a few different styles ready-made and can drop in other music here and there if I feel like it and have a bit of extra time). Then all you need to do is drop the footage into the timeline, do any slo-mos you may want, drag the music fades tot the appropriate locations, fix the audio. With these templates, some practice and with fairly predictable video shooting, editing can be brought back to just a minute or so, so the most time I lose is in copying the footage to the pc and importing it into premiere (this can be automated to a point but I haven't), this time I use to start burning the photo cd, the most time goes into sending the timeline to encore and the subsequent rendering/burning to DVD, but by then you can start packing or start the next vid.

So, make those templates, shoot video to edit, practice editing a LOT and get your workflow sorted out.

A tip: create a project with all the templates, the music files and any intro's, titles and stuff and save it for backup: when a premiere project gets big (say after 20 tandemvids) it takes a while to start up so I tend to copy a fresh project at least once a week.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Thank you for the reply.

Whats also taking me a while is rendering the time line before sending it to encore. Do i have to do this? (HD video).

And then I also have not figured out exactly how encore works. When i want to "Build" the dvd there are always a couple of errors and i need to set end action the "Title Button" and some other things. Am i doing this wrong?

You don't have to render the timeline. I wouldn't use HD video if I were you, you're just going to burn to dvd right, not bluray? Then capture in SD if it's a tape camera or record in MPEG if it's a flash camera.

You don't need to set all the buttons, end-actions and stuff, you can burn to dvd regardless ("ignore errors") for a simple tandem dvd. Now if you're doing a dvd with more timelines, you may want to do a nice menu with all the buttons and actions set.

ciel bleu,
Saskia