martlet

Full face camera helmet

Does anyone have a full face camera helmet with face shield? Any pictures?

I'm thinking of upgrading from my GoPro, but like jumping a full face. I've seen quite a few full face camera helmet, but no pictures of them with shields. Is there such a beast?

There is a reason they don't have their face shields... it becomes very impractical. Want to keep it from fogging up on the plane, can't camera's are in the way. Want to open it up to clear your ears under canopy, can't cameras are in the way. I'm sure it can be done, but it's just not very common or practical.

I'm sure it would be a piece of cake to build a mount that had clearance for the shield to slide under, but man would it look scary from a snag point perspective. You don't see top mounted full face camera helmets because it's not really a good idea.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Fullface type helmets of the Z1 type are hard to make a cutaway system for, so they're dangerous in that respect. I've seen a few FTP type custom helmets with face shields (down to your nose), like an attached goggle only much better.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

You wouldn't like it after you have it.
Headhunter used to make them,and my friend had one and he hated it!
Get a bonehead flat top pro or a vapor . Buy the right helmet the 1st time and save yourself a lot of money and aggravation .

http://www.boneheadcomposites.com/flattop.htm

http://www.skysystemsusa.com/helmets/vapor_wes_pro.php

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I wish somebody would come out with one. The face shield only needs to crack open as far as I'm concerned. I'd probably deal with one that doesn't open at all if somebody was making a full face FTP type thing. I hate goggles.

Dave

Doesn't Brian Buckland jump a vapor wes pro with a face sheild?

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I'm thinking if I wanted to add a face shield to a CCM or other type of rear entry helmet I would run a hinge vertically on one side and a latch on the other side. If I wanted to make life very difficult on myself I would build a fiberglass piece to create a flat surface for a hinge somewhere on my forehead but still under the camera's. Then put a latch on the chin, but it would take some creativity to get a latch that couldn't impale your chest on opening.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I've talked directly to Doug (who owns SkySystems) about this. He told me that a lens can be installed on the Vapors - you just need to had super velcro on the insides under the padding and trim a factory diver lens a little bit.

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

I've been thinking about putting a cx100 on top of my Mamba for casual use. I know that the visor would not fully open but I could crack it open enough for a bit of ventilation. I also know that there is not a quick release but it is closed with a fastex buckle under the chin which when pinched loosens off the whole bottom and the helmet lifts off easily. I could mount the camera on a detatchable plate and use the helmet with or without a camera but always have the protection I like without the expense of another helmet. grateful for any advice or experience people might of had with this set up.

There is a reason they don't have their face shields... it becomes very impractical. Want to keep it from fogging up on the plane, can't camera's are in the way. Want to open it up to clear your ears under canopy, can't cameras are in the way. I'm sure it can be done, but it's just not very common or practical.

BZZZ, wrong answer.
But you have to make one yourself:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3291237;search_string=realpet;#3291237

- Petri

BZZZ, wrong answer.
But you have to make one yourself:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3291237;search_string=realpet;#3291237

- Petri

OK. :)

You don't see top mounted full face camera helmets because it's not really a good idea.

I think this would be considered a full face (without a shield) with top mount. I guess our idea of what a full face is differs.

http://www.skysystemsusa.com/helmets/vapor_wes_pro.html

Yes it does. I'm sure when most people think of a full face helmet, they're going to picture something like a Z1, where the face shield opens up over the top of the helmet.

True, the 2 camera setup makes things a bit more challenging.
What I'd really love is a helmet as a some kind of Frankenstein-combination having camera platform from Bonehead Mantle, Sky Systems Oxygn flip-up visor and jaw-area design from Sky Systems Oxygn/Vapor (my personal opinion is that the Mantle is butt-ugly. It would allow 2 camera setup and still have space for the visor to open when needed.

Any helmet company out there want to start building one?

The sky latch of my current setup seems to be holding the helmet in place pretty good so one opetion would of course be to build one from the Oxygn but I lack competence the in that :(.

- Petri

True, the 2 camera setup makes things a bit more challenging.
What I'd really love is a helmet as a some kind of Frankenstein-combination having camera platform from Bonehead Mantle, Sky Systems Oxygn flip-up visor and jaw-area design from Sky Systems Oxygn/Vapor (my personal opinion is that the Mantle is butt-ugly. :D:D:D:D:D true dat. I don't know why they strike me that way they just do
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .