LaRusic

Camera Mount

So today i got bored at work today, 12 hour days while on exercise, i work at maintenance for the army, lots of access to tools, materials and such....so i decided to build a camera helmet from my M1 that i dont use anymore

Here are the results, not bad for a first go i think, but open to comments for improvment

Also, i know i dont have the jump numbers to fly camera yet, i dont plan on flying this, until i have the numbers, this will come skiing or any other thing i can think of to get the bugs worked out. Like i said, bored at work lol
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

Here they are paul, the top is a metal plate that i sized, cut, and smoothed out to fit the bottom of the camera, I then cut a small hole for the velcro strap that holds the viewer closed. I then inserted a locating pin to keep the camera from turing about the camera screw.

the bottom is filler shaped to my helmet, there is however direct contact of the metal plate to the helmet, the filler is just for stability, as Paul said, i took the idea of a video flyer at our DZ, and it works great for him.

Once i had the camera centered and FOV centered to about 10ft away, i drilled the helmet holes and then painted the whole thing black.
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

I like it. By filler do you mean Bondo type body filler?

During the winter I've taken my helmet to the local indoor go kart track, and sledding.

I'll be ordering my CX100 in a week or so, kind of looking forward to building a new helmet. This one will be much more complicated than my newest version.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Thanks Paul

Yeah it sure is bondo, nice and easy to work with.

Like what paul was saying, there is a guy we jump with that has done this exact same thing, both for a stills SLR (he even made a support for the lens itself) and the CX100.

Its fun to build new stuff
Dudeist Skydiver # 10