swoopfly

Another CX100?

sort of yes, if the original recording is done to the camera's internal memory (not to an installed memory stick) you can plug in a memory stick and copy the clip from the internal memory to the memory stick. then you can take the memory stick out and plug it into the second camera. I don't have the camera here so I can't tell you the menu's to go into to set it to record to the internal memory and the steps to do the transfer, go explore they aren't that hard to find.
A search on here might even turn up the steps.

I don't think you can upload to your camera from a stick, Spot mentioned that in a conversation I had but I could be wrong on that recollection... It had something to do with a chance of uploading something to the camera that would mess up the Firmware and create issues, so that feature was not included in the production run cameras... I could be thinking of something else though...

As a side question CX100 "?", Why does Trunk not recommend the Mini D for the CX100 as noted on the hypoxic page? Sorry for the thread drift but it is still a CX100 question...

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

CX100 dubbing is one-way only: Camera Internal to Memory Stick

All CX100 users should jump with the camera set to "record to internal memory". Then you can pass your memory stick around to other people to copy their footage. There is no way to dub from "stick to internal", but at least you have all the dubbed footage on your stick to download to your computer when you get home....

correct, only the beta units allowed bi-directional Xfer. Problem was found that by Xferring from stick to cam, you could corrupt the IDX file that is critical to all AVCHD playback.
As a result, it's one way only. Panasonic HMC 150 is the same way. I don't own any Canon units, but I believe it's the same.

As a side question CX100 "?", Why does Trunk not recommend the Mini D for the CX100 as noted on the hypoxic page? Sorry for the thread drift but it is still a CX100 question...

I don't get the Q. :|

This is off of teh Hypoxic page of compatable units for the D-mini

http://www.gethypoxic.com/support/useful-topics/50-hypeye-d-pro-a-hypeye-d-min-compatible-camcorders.html

High Definition on Memory Stick (AVCHD)
HDR-CX7
HDR-CX12
HDR-TG1*
HDR-CX100 HYPEYE D MINI not recommended
HDR-CX100B HYPEYE D MINI not recommended

That was the reason for the question...

Scott

http://www.gethypoxic.com/support/useful-topics/50-hypeye-d-pro-a-hypeye-d-min-compatible-camcorders.html

HDR-CX7
HDR-CX12
HDR-TG1*

Scott

I think the "mini" is an indicator only, i.e. it has no control unit that can power the camera on and off. The CX100 has no external power button, you have to mess with the LCD screen opening. So the "pro" (rather than the mini) with the control unit seems the best logical choice. That's my guess.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

HDR-CX7
HDR-CX12
HDR-TG1*

Scott

I think the "mini" is an indicator only, i.e. it has no control unit that can power the camera on and off. The CX100 has no external power button, you have to mess with the LCD screen opening. So the "pro" (rather than the mini) with the control unit seems the best logical choice. That's my guess.

thanks and that makes sense. I don't have my CX100 in my hands yet so I did not know that...

Scott

Scott,
the mini works, I have one, but as stated you have to ope the screen power it on, close and tape shut the screen and then hit the record button, the hypeye mini will show blue when powered up and red when recording. I did not test if it shows some other color when things are messed up. the pro is definitely better for the cx100.

You can transfer the video. It is actually not too bad.

Like the OP stated, once you save the original CX100 video to the inserted, external memory card, you pull it out and are ready to insert it into whatever peripheral you need. Then the important part is, to select what format the other camera or medium (external card-reader for example) needs to be set to the same default CX-100 recording format. It sounds fucking complicated, but all you really need to remember is that what type of file format was saved on the original card and then when you put it into another medium to read it, make sure that medium (peripheral) is set to the CX 100's prior recording file format.

For example, if you had a USB-interface plugged into your PC with one of those 10+1 memory card readers, you would be able to see that directory (file) when finally recognized by your computer. Then, open the file. Select from the file menu, even through windows movie maker you can do it, but I have Adobe After Affects and that allows the user to select the AVI III format which can re-render HDMI or SD footage from the CX 100. Its just knowing your scroll options and how to open the card through whatever application you run. Cheap programs wont do well, while Adobe, once LEARNED can do wonders for any type of video formatting and yes..card reading.

For at home, drinking a 6-pack of your choice, and it being a rainy day you can make editing like this some really fun and interesting work to do. However, for on the fly tandems at the DZ this method is simply unacceptable. Hope this helps on the external-card issue. I cannot find cords on this subject as of now.

Extreme

Or a data storage tank (they come with card readers built in).

Depending on the NLE used, you DON'T need to copy the entire folder structure over. Vegas, Edius, and Premiere don't care about the IDX files, so just copy the MPG or Stream folder to your drive if you are using those NLE systems. FCP, AVID, or Casablanca users, you need to import the entire IDX