RMK

Video on Night Jumps

I’m doing some night jumps over the weekend. Probably a silly query, but has anyone ever got any usable/interesting video from these? Does using the night mode yield any results? Or is not even worthwhile attaching my camera on the jumps? For reference, I’m using a Sony CX6.
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

I will put the camera on to give it a try, just wondering if anyone had any good results from any specific settings or having the night mode on/off.

One thought: the scene mode has a “fireworks” setting, has anyone tried that with success?
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

The fireworks setting merely limits the dynamic range of the camera so that the fireworks retain color vs being a white blast against black. As mentioned, use an IR or microlight to light the jump. Just be careful to not hit anyone's eyes.
There are quite a few night jumps shot with external lighting as well, but I'd suggest that's a bit more complicated than you probably want to go.

I’m doing some night jumps over the weekend. Probably a silly query, but has anyone ever got any usable/interesting video from these? Does using the night mode yield any results? Or is not even worthwhile attaching my camera on the jumps? For reference, I’m using a Sony CX6.

If you are doing something "static" like shotting RW form overhead, use a light jumper.

We did a POPS night record at Skydive USA using a helmet mounted headlight and a dry cell battery in a chest strap harness.

Worked good enough for the judges and some (sort of dark) still shots.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX