FFAddict

Automatic pictures with cx100

Please excuse me if this has been asked but i cant find it!

Is it possible to automatically take pictures during recording?

I know it has the auto smile pictures but i want it to take pictures of the entire video i record, scenery, smiles screaming the lot.

Ideally it would take pictures every 3 seconds for example so i could simply delete the pics i dont want (much faster than taking pics) and use the rest.

If not any advise on good software which will automatically take picture from the footage without me having to go through it

blue skies

Sony Vegas will extract a still that has been de-interlaced at XXX number of frames, seconds, minutes, or hours. Users define the value of time.
No software (that I'm aware of) can auto-find a smile on a timeline and snap a still/screengrab from that.

>Ideally it would take pictures every 3 seconds for example so i could simply
>delete the pics i dont want (much faster than taking pics) and use the rest.

The CX100 will cycle about once every 5 seconds when shooting stills in video mode. If you use the Hypeye with the expansion kit and just mash the button down it will take pictures as fast as it can. As others have mentioned you can also just capture from video without too much loss of resolution.